5 “Must’s” For February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

February is a special month of love, snow, and the start of classes. Sometimes February can be a depressing month for single people or people who hate staying indoors because of the cold. Here are five goals to keep throughout the month of February to feel better and healthier about yourself.

1. Continue your New Year’s Resolution:

In January you give yourself a New Year’s Resolution. Often times people forget or give up on their resolution by the end of January. This year, continue your resolution. Whether it’s going to the gym, eating healthier, smiling more, giving back to the community or just setting more goals, continue doing it. If you keep up with your resolution throughout February, it will come natural to you in March and the rest of the year.

2. Plan a winter getaway:

Sometimes the weather can put a damper on our plans or just make us depressed from having to stay inside all the time. Don’t let the weather get to you this February, plan a winter getaway. Take a group of friends to a cabin and go skiing, or if you feel beach deprived, go somewhere warmer and watch the sunset. Just set a goal to not stay cooped up in your house the whole month.

3. Enjoy Valentine’s Day:

Whether single or in a relationship, enjoy Feb. 14. Hang out with friends, go out to dinner, go to a movie, do something fun! It is a day about love so don’t get down on yourself if you don’t have a special someone. Embrace it this year and you will have a much more enjoyable month.

4. Stay Positive:

With constant snow and cold weather, we often get depressed from lack of sunlight and having to stay inside all day. Instead, have fun with it. Wear a cute, cozy sweater. Make a home-cooked meal if you can’t leave the house. Take in the beauty of the snow instead of hating it for ruining your plans. Stay positive in February and it will make a difference on your year. After all, we are only two months in.

5. Plan for the summer now:

Whether it’s a beach body or a vacation to a foreign place, plan now! February is a short month and a perfect time to start going to the gym for your fit, summer body. Or maybe you want to go to a different state or country this summer. Buy your tickets now, they will be much cheaper now compared to if you wait another month or two. Do you want to get a summer job or internship? Start looking now because planning ahead will get you the position you want.

A communications major with a minor in event management at Lasell College. Grew up on Cape Cod.