Campus Cutie: Nicolle Longoria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Sophomore Nicolle Longoria aims high with her kicks, her studies and her dreams.

Name: Nicolle Longoria

Year: Sophomore

Age: 19

Major: Chemistry

Relationship Status: Single

Activities: Tae Kwon Do, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Archery

What are you most passionate about?

God, my Lord and Savior

Three words that describe you: Loyal, compassionate, strong

How have your years at La Verne shaped you as an individual? 

Coming from my background, as a homeschooled student, I’ve always seen pros and cons as far as its preparation of me for my future. I believe that in coming here to La Verne I have gained a greater confidence in myself that I was lacking before. I believe this would not have come if not for the faculty, fellow students and close friends that have been there for me. I have also received much support from the Chemistry Department whom I am currently a TA for. Those have been a great encouragement to me and my future career endeavors.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Korea, Israel, or Brazil!

Plans after graduation?

I hope to continue on into Chemical Engineering.  Possibly direct my path into the makeup industry.  Who knows, maybe I’ll eventually come out with products of my own one day.

Most embarrassing moment: Apparently my most embarrassing moment was so severe that I repressed it. Because, honestly I can’t think of a good embarrassing moment.

Describe your perfect guy: 
Intelligent, trustworthy and self-motivating. I would like a man who shares my beliefs. I’d like him to have a nice smile as well.

Celebrity crush: Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Favorite quote: “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” — Bruce Lee

Melanie Loon is an aspiring writer and all-around creative studying Mulitimedia Communications at the University of La Verne. A born and raised "Valley Girl," she loves Jesus, family, food, and all things Anthropologie. She can be found on Instagram @melaniespoon.