Campus Celebrity: Lauren Crumbaker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

What year are you at ULV and what is your major/minor? Senior, Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations 

What extracurricular activities are you currently involved in at ULV, including any sorority or fraternity you are in? ASULV President, Sigma Kappa Vice President of Programming, Order of Omega member 

Do you have a favorite involvement on Campus? I do not favor one organization over the other. I joined each of these organizations because I have a passion for them. Each of these organizations are so different from one another, and I love being able to make a difference in all of them.

Overall, what do you personally love the most about the University of La Verne throughout your time and experiences over the years? I really love all of the opportunities that the University of La Verne offers to the students. The University does a really good job at catering to students passions. Whether they want to join greek life or a biology club, the University offers student many different opportunities to express themselves. If there isn’t a club that a student isn’t interested in, then they have the chance to create their own club.

What do you hope to accomplish and what are your dreams/wishes after graduating at ULV? After I graduate, I hope to pursue my dream of working in entertainment PR in Los Angeles. I would like to be doing publicity at a movie studio.

What is a great memory or time when you felt you accomplished something wonderful and/or impactful during the years you have attended at ULV? Last month,  I had the opportunity to present to the Board of Trustees on behalf of ASULV and the students. Going into the meeting I was so nervous, but when I started my presentation everything flowed and my nerves went away. I feel so honored to be able to advocate for the things that the students want, such as tuition and lower enrollment. After the meeting, members told me that I truly was catching their attention, and they are listening to what the students want. As a freshman, I had dreams of making a difference on campus and to make the students experience at La Verne the best that it could be. Standing in front of the board, I realized my dreams were becoming a reality.