Campus Celebrity: Bradlee Johnson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Year: Senior

Major: Speech Communication

Involvement on campus: Currently I am a Student Ambassador and President of Black Student Union. Last year I was an RA, and I have been in Chamber Singers as well as two plays with Theatre department.

Who are you most inspired by?  Definitely my Mommy and older sister Christen. They keep me grounded but give me just enough confidence to get the job(s) done.

What are your plans after graduation? I’ve been offered a full time position as a Sales Manager for JCPenney and I will start that position June 2016.

What do you love about singing and performing for an audience? It’s my release. I always feel at peace and alone no matter who’s in the audience. It allows me to express feelings of joy, pain, love, anger, sadness and my creativity. I can be whoever I want on stage and no matter what persona I take on when I perform, I still feel 100% myself and at home.

What do you do to be a positive influence on others? I honestly just try to project my best self onto others no matter how my days going. I believe in the “platinum rule”- treat others how they want to be treated. I do my best to be emotionally available for others, especially when they can’t do that for themselves. I’ve learned laughing, loving, understanding and a wee bit of sarcasm takes you a long way in life.

If you could relive one moment what would it be? I’ve been blessed to have many great times, but what comes to mind is the Peace and Justice rally I helped facilitate last December in Sneaky Park. Myself, and all who facilitated really did a great job in bringing the campus and other members of the community together. It was a day of awareness, diversity and empathy that doesn’t happen often with that number people. I’d like to experience again from the outside looking in and just live in the moment. I was too worried about the turnout and how the rally would be received and I don’t think I got to truly sit in that moment.

Brooke is an aspiring journalist attending the University of La Verne in Southern California. She has a knack for all things adventurous and food related. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or the Campus Times you can find her taking pictures of her award-winning cat or eating various types of cheese.
Kristina Bugante is the Campus Correspondent for HC La Verne. She is currently finishing her final year at the University of La Verne and will receive a B.A. in journalism in the spring of 2016. In addition to Her Campus, Kristina is a staff photographer for her school's publications and a news intern for a Los Angeles television news station. When she's not living and breathing journalism, Kristina likes funny Vines, food, catching up on her YouTube subscriptions and singing quietly to herself in her car.