This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

When I watched the first trailer for this show a couple of years ago, I didn’t think it would last too long. Now, after I have enjoyed every single episode this show has produced, I never want it to end. For those of you that have never seen it, here is a brief run down. Liv Moore is turned into a zombie and she must distance herself from everything and everyone. She ends her engagement and leaves her job at the hospital to work in the city’s morgue so she can always have a fresh supply of brains. But, despite her efforts to remain hidden, she finds herself working with the Seattle Police Department to solve the strangest cases. This show is a wonderful mix of humor, action, horror, and romance. If you haven’t watched it, I highly recommend that you do so. In fact, here are five reasons to.

1. Ravi Chakrabarti

He’s the first one to discover Liv’s zombie identity. Sure, he’s a bit freaked out, but he jumps right into helping her out. Ravi is not only a loyal and kind hearted friend, he is also super intelligent and very witty. He has made it his mission to discover a cure and a vaccination for the zombie virus. He is easily a fan favorite.

2. Zombie Personalities

Every time a zombie digests a human brain they are not only quenching their hunger, but they often get whole new skill set. The zombie will take on the human’s characteristics, skills, personality, etc. Liv’s ever changing personalities tends to cause issues with the unknowing humans around her. But, it’s a testimony to the talent of the cast. Sure, they are still the same character, but every week they get to try and do something completely new.

3. Comic Strip

Every time the show comes back from commercial it shows the scene like a comic. The image is colored and styled to look like it just stepped out of a comic book. There is a funny little caption that gives the audience a hint as to what is going down in the scene. Then, the animation fades and it goes right into the actual footage. It’s interesting that they chose to do this as it is a way to pay homage to the comic of the same name the show is based on.

4. The visions

Earlier, I mentioned how the zombies literally become the human they ate. Well, on top of all that, they can also access a human’s memories. This usually happens in the form of a vision. These visions are what force Liv into working with Clive Babineaux for the police department. She uses this gift to help Clive track down clues and catch the murder. Of course, Clive just thinks she is psychic and not a zombie, so he has no idea why her personality is always changing.

5. The Reverse

One of the great things about this show is how it focuses on the zombies instead of the humans. A lot of other shows tend to show zombies devoid of any emotions—they are violent and horrific monsters. Sure, all those shows are great and I love a lot of them, but IZombie gets the audience to root for the main character that is a zombie!

It was hard to narrow it down to only five reasons, but I managed. Hopefully this little list has helped you to realize that this show needs to be in your life. If it did, IZombie currently airs on Mondays at 9 o’clock on The CW.