Pornhub Sexual Wellness Center: A New Spot for Sexual Education

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

It’s almost crazy to think about that sexual education is still a taboo topic in most schools across America. The fight to stop sexual education being taught in schools has always been a big controversy, but now an unlikely ally is helping people all over. Pornhub has now launched its first official Sexual Wellness Center. With the help of Dr. Laurie Betito, a Clinical Psychologist that focuses on Sexuality, the website shares all kinds of information. So far the website contains two sections: Get Healthy and Sexuality.

In the section titled “Get Healthy,” there are three main topics that contain useful information such as reproductive health, STDs, and “Your Body.” Each of these topics contain different articles to help educate you on how your body can be healthy. In the section specifically for STDs, you can find articles about Genital Warts, Yeast Infections, HPV, etc. Not only do these articles list how you can check your body to see if you have one these infections, but they also list ways to prevent you from getting them and what to do if you are infected. Another great informational section is titled “Your Body” and has articles about the female and male reproduction anatomy and also an entire section about being transgender.

The other section titled “Sexuality” features a Sex Q&A by Dr. Laurie and other sections about sex in general. While this is just a small list of articles about Sexual Education, the site is currently growing and most importantly…IT’S FREE. Another great feature the website offers is that a person can send in a question to Dr. Laurie and all they would need is an e-mail. You can also enter your email to subscribe and always get updates when new articles have been added to the Sexual Wellness Center. The most important thing a person can do if they want to become sexually active or already are sexually active is to be educated about their body and sex. That is why this website is so important. While teenagers might not be getting the proper education they need about sex in school or at home, they can turn to this website and educate themselves. The best part is that they can do it in the comfort of their own home and get completely accurate information from a professional.

Pornhub Sexual Wellness Center: http://www.pornhub.com/sex/