Take A Peek Inside My Internship Bag

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

*The Vera Bradley Campus Double ID, Camelbak Forge Divide Travel Mug, Spots Sticker, Monthy Gift and AZOs were included in the Her Campus Summer Survival Kit 

I don’t know about any of you, but when I found out about my internship this past April, my mind automatically went to “what should I carry with me on the daily?” Over the last month, I’ve compiled what I’m planning on carrying in my bag with me this summer and I thought I would show you all a peek inside! 

I’m going to be carrying everything in my Longchamp Le Pliage Tote, size large this summer! This tote bag is made out of durable nylon fabric, which is really nice during rain storms or hot, summer days because it dries fast and doesn’t fade. I have one in the brown color because it matches all of my outfits. This tote is around $200, but there are many different affordable tote bags with the same effect! 

I will be carrying around a water bottle because it’s always a good idea to have water on hand (and I always get thirsty!) The water bottle I have in my bag is the Camelbak Forge Divide Insulated Travel Mug.  While this bottle is awesome for water, another cool feature is that it can be used for coffee – always a plus! 

Obviously, I will have my wallet and my keys. This summer, I will be on the go all of the time due to meeting with companies, so I need something that I can quickly grab. The Vera Bradley Campus Double ID  is perfect for me because it can hold both my campus id, my driver’s license and cash while still being easy to put into my bag and not take up too much room. The color is pretty awesome too!  

I will also be carrying a notebook and my planner. I currently have the Lilly Pulitzer Agenda, Size Large. This has been the planner that I have used for all 3 years of college and I’m still in love with them. As you can see, I love to put stickers on the inside of my agenda, and my current favorite is this one by Spots which is an app for college students to save money on traveling!  

Along with those items, I have my Fitbit Charge to track how many steps I take, and my Portable Iphone Charger to make sure my battery is always running! 

Finally, in my bag, I have my beauty/makeup pouch. I don’t normally like to carry a bunch of products with me, but I think that all of this will be just the right amount! Makeup wise, I have my favorite mascara, my brow pencil, my powder, concealer and a nice, neutral lipstick. Obviously, these products are just for touch-ups when I need them, but it’s always nice to have your favorite products for a pick-me-up in the afternoon! 

I also have tampons. Maybe TMI, but it’s always important to come prepared. I’m currently loving this company called Monthy Gift, which delivers tampons and or pads to your door monthly! How awesome is that?!

Fun fact, I get anxious about anything and everything, which causes IBS. So, I always carry around the AZO Gummies to regulate myself! 

I think that’s about everything I’m planning on carrying in my internship bag this summer! I hope you all enjoyed a peek into my bag! 

Shelby is a senior here at KU. As well as being the Admin Director for Her Campus KU and a Chapter Advisor, she is involved in Student Senate and Alpha Delta Pi. Her obsession with Chipotle is never ending and she can make a mean chocolate chip cookie. Follow her on Twitter @shelsncheese and Instagram @shelbyostrom_