Sean Tapia: Graduate Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Sean Tapia

Twitter: @seantaps

Age: 21

Major: Urban Planning

Graduation Year: Spring 2016

Hometown: Winfield, Kansas

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in 3 words: Loud, Spontaneous, Fun

What do you look for in a girl?: Someone who is smart, funny and has gorgeous eyes. 

What’s your biggest turn- on?: Self-confience, there’s nothing more attractive than a person that’s passionate abd goes after what they want.

Biggest turn-off?: Someone that worries too much about what others think of them and lets fear keep them from purusing something they love. 

Why are KU girls the best?: You already know they’re smart because they chose KU.

What’s your favorite bar in Lawrence?: Louise’s unless I feel like dancing, then Sandbar.

Stay in bed and watch Netflix all night or go out and party the night away?: Both. Party like it’s 1999 and then turn down in the a.m. with some Netflix. 

What’s your dream job?: Doing global urban design that benefits and supports communities in need. 

Coolest place you have traveled to?: New Orleans. Hands down.

Who’s your celebrity crush?: Emma Watson. She’s crazy intelligent, super confident and drop-dead gorgeous. Her new HeForShe campaign for gender equality is awesome too.

If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move?: Right now, somewhere that’s always warm and is overflowing with culture. Probably South America.

What’s your favorite college memory?: Living in McCollum Hall. I got to meet hundreds of new people and share some really great experiences. I gained life-long friends there.

Who’s your role model?: This is tough. I think I try to notice hard work, passion and determination in everyone around me and try to better myself in the same fashion. 

What’s your guilty pleasure?: “Mean Girls” and “Perks of Being a Wallflower.” MG is too funny and Perks has Emma Watson.

Would you say you’re more of a cat person or a dog person?: Dogs all the way.

What were you for Halloween?: I was Two-Bit from The Outsiders.

What advice do you have for the class of 2018?: College is an experience. The non-academic lessons you learn are just as important as the academic ones.

Accounting & Finance double major at the University of Kansas