This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Paige Cook

Hometown: Merriam, Kansas

Year in School: Sophomore

Intended Graduation Year: May 2017

Major: History and Global and International Studies with a focus on Indigenous Studies

Involvement on Campus: Sigma Kappa Sorority, Alternative Break Summer Site Leader and the House Manger at the Lied Center of Kansas

Hobbies: Reading, Hammocking and spending time with my friends :)

Relationship Status: Taken

Instagram: cookpaige

1. Why did you choose to come to KU? At first, being from Kansas and going to the University of Kansas was all but adventurous, but I came for a visit and fell in love with the campus and everyone that I came in contact with. I quickly made my decision and I have loved every moment of it thus far!

2. What are the top three things you look for in a guy? 

• Smart for sure! I want someone who is able to have conversations with me over any topic or at least be able to share opinions.
  • Passion would be next because I know for sure I get overly involved in whatever I am in so I want someone who is able to share that same passion for whatever he loves!
  • And definitely funny or charming, I think it is important for guys to be gentlemen because you want that relationship that people look at you guys and think ‘man they are so lucky’ but it’s also important that he makes you laugh because where is the fun in life if you cannot giggle every once in a while?

However I am so lucky enough to have found someone with all of these quality’s already!

Paige with her boyfriend Sam, who attends Saint Louis University!

3.  Describe your perfect date using only hashtags: #ohmygosh #movies #largedrink #andpopcorn  #idonttwittersoihavenoideaifiamdoingthisright #sopumped

4. What do you like most about working at the Lied Center? I love meeting new and exciting artists that the Lied center brings to KU. I also love being able to help patrons and my fellow students connect with the arts and be able to give them an amazing time to where they want to come back and see us again! The Lied Center has allowed me to make lifelong friendships, inside jokes and allows me to keep on my toes with each show! Like when Bernadette Peters came she had shelter dogs in the lobby… I mean how cool is that?!

Paige with Bernadette Peters… How cool!

5. What is your biggest turn off? Know it all’s. I really dislike when people or guys try to show off how smart they are by putting others down. I understand you know the answer but don’t be rude to others for trying.

6. Would you ever go on The Bachelor or be The Bachelorette? Hahaha well our house mom thinks I look like one of the girls who was just on The Bachelor, but I would not personally. I mean why would I? I already have the perfect guy!

7. Describe your spirit animal: A manatee? Fox? I don’t know my BuzzFeed quizzes never give me one solid answer…I’ll try again and let you know what I get!

8. There’s a rumor that you wear sun jellies… Care to explain? Sun jellies are my childhood. Who doesn’t remember running around the neighborhood with plastic sweaty shoes on your feet and feeling like a movie star (only if you had the sparkly ones though). I’m just trying to not grow up at this stage in my life so sun jellies seemed like a great option!

9.  Are you excited to go to Scotland? I AM SO EXCITED! I have only ever been to Canada for my study abroad experience so I cannot wait to meet new people and to just travel and ahh I am getting more excited whenever I can talk about it but I really means a lot that I am able to get to finally cross Study Abroad Experience off my bucket list!

10. What is your favorite restaurant in Lawrence? Hard question, I really enjoy food, so any place with food is currently my favorite place to eat. Lawrence has such a wide variety of food that I’m currently trying to eat at a new place every once in a while when my bank and wallet allow, but I just went to Ladybird Café and it was fantastic!

*All photos provided by Paige Cook*