This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Megan Bushouse

Year at KU: Freshman

Major: Elementary Education

Hometown: Overland Park, Kansas

Relationship Status: Taken

Family History: I am a fourth generation Jayhawk.  My parents, who were both Jayhawks, met each other at the age of fifteen at Lawrence High during marching band.  My grandpa, David Bushouse, was a band professor at KU.

What is your go to, favorite movie? “Bridesmaids,” hands down.  That movie can cause laughs for days. 

What was your favorite part of “Bridesmaids”? Oh my gosh, the scene when they are at the wedding dress shop and all get sick from the food that they’ve had. 

What are some activities that you enjoy doing? I like hanging out with my friends, taking long walks on the beach and dancing randomly in public places.

Okay, so what are some hobbies that you enjoy?  I enjoy singing. I sang in choir all four years of high school.  I also was in the band and played flute and piccolo, which I still enjoy.  I also enjoy acting and being in theatre productions. 

Why did you choose elementary education as your major? I love babysitting kids and I loved my job at Kids are Kids daycare this summer.  I’ve actually known since about kindergarten or first grade that I wanted to be a teacher.  Second grade is the age group that I know I’ll be able to handle and where I know I can make the most impact. The factor that helped which age group I wanted to teach was the fact that my mom is a second grade teacher and she’s had me help her sometimes during lessons. 

So far, what concert has been your favorite to go to?  Bruno Mars, hands down.  I have gone to a number of good concerts, including Aerosmith and Justin Timberlake, along with seeing Idina Menzel in concert. Bruno Mars’s whole show was so put together and the ending to the entire concert was so intense and amazing. 

What is one of your most memorable experiences?  Well, going back to seeing Idina Menzel in concert, she actually invited me up on stage and I got to sing with her.  Afterwards she told me how great of a job I did.  That moment will stay with me forever.  I can definitely say my heart was beating out of my chest during that moment. 

Favorite type of mac and cheese: Velveeta or Kraft?  Velveeta mac and cheese, hands down.

Blue Valley West graduate of 2014. I am an avid golf player. I also enjoy playing the cello and singing in my spare time. I am hoping to major in social work and work with foster kids