Kiran Ladhani ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Kiran Ladhani

Twitter: @kiranladhani

Major: Strategic Communications

Year in School: Sophomore

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown:  Overland Park

Campus Activities: As of right now, classes have taken up all my time, but I do hope to be more involved in several organizations including SUA and SASA.

Activities Outside of Campus: Outside of campus, you’d probably find me hanging out with friends, reading a book (does this make me a nerd?), or with my headphones in my ears and the music turned all the way up. I’m always jammin’.

Favorite quote: “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” –Albert Camus

Turn-ons: A sense of humor; making me laugh is half the battle. I find guys who are confident, intelligent, and have good grammar extremely attractive. And I can’t resist a cute smile.

Turn-offs: Cockiness is a turn off. Also, it’s a turn off when guys are incapable of keeping a conversation going.

Favorite prof at KU so far? I really liked Professor Marsh who taught my Journalism 101 class.

What’s your go-to fashion piece? Yoga pants! They’re both cute and comfortable.

Celebrity Crush: I probably have more girl crushes than guy crushes, but I do think that Zac Efron is absolutely GORGEOUS. And so is Channing Tatum.

What we find you doing on a Friday night? I’m either spending time at home with my family or getting ready to go out with some friends.

What would we find you on campus?  I spend quite a bit of time in the library. Whether I’m studying or just having a cup of coffee, Anschutz is definitely my go-to spot on campus.

What’s your best quality? Worst? I think my best quality is my sense of humor; I love making people laugh. My worst quality is my sarcasm. I’m sarcastic about 85% of the time.

Who has been the most influential person in your life and why? I think my sisters have been the most influential people in my life up until now.  I hate admitting it, but they are my best friends and know when to dish out some tough love.

What is one thing you couldn’t go without for a day? Chapstick! Chapped lips make me cringe.

Dream job: Getting paid loads of money to use social media would be fantastic. But that’s wishful thinking.

What do you like to do to unwind from a long day? I like to snuggle up in bed and pull out a good book. Either that, or have dinner with some friends and just spend time talking and hanging out.

One thing a guy can do that sweeps you off your feet? As cliché and unoriginal as this sounds, I would absolutely LOVE if a guy brought me chocolates…or just any type of food in general. Just the thought of an attractive man bringing me food makes me drool.

What is one thing people would never guess about you? I like to sing. A LOT. At any given the time of the day, you could probably find me singing, humming, or nodding my head along to a song.

Current song you have on repeat: I’ve recently discovered a love for Jhene Aiko, so I listen to her music pretty frequently. The Worst is probably my favorite song.

Favorite snack: I may or may not have a slight obsession with fruit snacks. Yum!

Favorite movie: Friends with Benefits, which stars Mila Kunis (*swoon*) and Justin Timberlake (*double swoon*).

What’s your favorite thing about being a student at KU? My favorite thing about going to KU is having the opportunity to see the beautiful campus on a daily basis. Also, BASKETBALL GAMES.

What’s your guilty pleasure? Trashy, dramatic reality TV shows. Because why not?

One thing you wish guys would STOP doing: I wish guys would stop making plans at the last minute. Don’t get me wrong; I love being spontaneous and don’t mind a little adventure, but being asked to hang out at the last minute ALL THE TIME can get frustrating.

One thing you wish guys would do more of: I wish guys would cook for their girls more often.

You see the most beautiful hunk of a man at the bar and you have to make a move. What do you do? Casually walk up to him and flash my most dazzling smile. This counts as making a move, right?

Describe your ideal guy in three words: Intelligent, ambitious, and funny

Ideal date: It would start with a trip to a cute and cozy little coffee shop where we could just talk and enjoy each other’s company. This would be followed by a stroll through the city, ending with a well-made picnic and a view overlooking the sunset.

What motivates you? My family plays a big role in my life and constantly reminds me to push harder and work towards achieving my goals. That combined with my own desire to succeed is a huge driving force for me.

Can you say you’re the same person you were last year? What’s different? Absolutely not. I don’t think I’m the same person that I was last year at all. I do my own grocery shopping now and if that’s not growing up, I don’t know what is.

3 things you have to do before you die: 1. Attend at least one major sporting event (the Super Bowl, the Olympics, etc.), 2. Travel around the world, 3. Learn to surf.

Why do you think you’re a catch? Don’t be shy now: Let’s be honest, I have a smile to die for! And I’d like to think I’m kinda funny.