Devante Green ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Let me just start by saying a couple things: 1. Ladies, you are very welcome for the picture you are seeing right now. 2. Devante is one of a kind! Get to know him a little better by reading on, you won’t be dissapointed! 

Name: Devante Green

Twitter: @KingOnyx_

Major: Exercise science

Hometown: Pensacola, Fla.

Year in School: ‘15

Relationship Status: I’m single and HAPPY, but I’m definitely not opposed to meeting new people.

Campus Activities: ROTC & Frat life. I’m an Alpha Phi Alpha.

Off-Campus Activities: I work at First Management as a leasing agent. School and work keep me busy, but other than that you’ll find me hanging out with friends.

Take me through your idea of an ideal first date! I’d want to do something where we can interact and get to know one another. It’s interesting to see the other person’s comfort levels. Maybe bowing or ice skating, nothing like going to the movies.

What’s your biggest flaw? I like to keep myself busy. Everything I do is on my calendar; if it’s not on there I won’t do it. Sometimes I even have to schedule in eating! This obviously keeps me organized, but I’m dependent on my planner.

If your house was on fire and you could only pick one thing to save, what would it be? I have a box of every single greeting card I’ve ever received, so that’s what I would save. 

Favorite quote: “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

What’s the first thing you notice about a girl? The way she walks.

What’s something girls do that you absolutely loathe? When girls shed (as in hair) and lose their bobby pins everywhere.

If you had to pick an actor to play you in your life movie, who would you choose and why? Will Smith because he’s so multifaceted, he’s funny, but he can take on serious roles as well.

What’s your favorite thing to do at KU?  People watch on Wescoe. When it warms up, that’s where you’ll find me.

Favorite drink: A Japanese plum wine called Fu-Ki.

Favorite restaurant in Lawrence: Encore

Three words to describe yourself: Ambitious, confident, and silly

Turn Ons: A woman who can dress. Girls who are sweet, respectable, and funny. Someone who has confidence, but also maintains humility. A pretty smile with dimples.

Turn Offs: Laziness and arrogance; also, someone who is stubborn. Or crazy. Or both.

Who’s your man crush? Don’t act like you don’t have one! Christian Bale, because he’s Batman!

If you had the opportunity to marry one celebrity, who would it be and why? BEYONCE.

Guilty pleasure: Singing

Go-to meal after a long day? Soul food! Corn bread and collard greens or neck bones and rice.

Current favorite song? Retro grade by James Blake. Also, anything Al Green.

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve done for a girl? My ex was preparing for an audition and she had a really stressful day prior to the audition. We were going to drive there together and I told her we’d grab breakfast on the way since it was super early (lie). I showed up to her house and cooked her a full-course gourmet breakfast before we hit the road.

If you could be an animal for a day, what animal would you be and why? I’d be a lion because they’re the king of the jungle! In order to be a king you have to be a multitude of things: poised, respected, and you have to have a reasonable balance between heart and head.

What motivates you? Fear of failure and the unknown. If you work hard enough at something, you’ll make it happen for yourself. If you don’t, it’ll be up in the air, and I don’t like being up in the air.

Favorite movie: Toy Story

Give me a description of your ideal girl: Driven, focused, smart, and beautiful. I’m generally attracted to shorter girls, and girls who take care of themselves.

If you could go back in time and give a younger you some advice, what would you say? To relax, everything is going to work out just fine. It always does.

What can a girl do to get your attention? When I see her genuinely passionate about something; I’ll notice it when it comes out in her actions rather than through her words.

One piece of advice you have for college men and women. To the men, be one hundred percent honest in everything you do. Be specific in everything you want; if you don’t know what you want, don’t be in a relationship. To the women, respect yourself, be honest with yourself, and learn to read people before you physically or emotionally attach yourselves to them.

Three things on your bucket list before graduation: KU Man of Merit, graduate LDAC with Recondo, and get a fitness certification of some kind.

Why do you think you’re a catch? Don’t be shy now. I’m honest, I’m a good communicator, and I’ve learned to be patient and think before I speak.