College Girl Gourmet: Halloween Cocktails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Halloween is just a few days away, which means a party-filled weekend!  Now, if you’re throwing one of said parties or you’re looking for a tasty way to celebrate Halloween, then you should try a Halloween-themed cocktail!  It’s a great and tasty way to shake up the alcohol selection, not to mention it makes your party a little more festive. Here are some cocktail recipes that you can try out:

Halloween Jello Shots

This party staple gets a Halloween update with gummy worms and orange/black food coloring.  If you’re not a fan of gummy worms, feel free to leave them out.

(Recipe here)

Pumpkin Spice Halloween Punch

Pumpkin spice isn’t just for Starbucks lattes anymore.  This yummy drink combines apples, pumpkin spice, citrus, wine, and bourbon to make the perfect autumn-y drink.  Also, it isn’t super hard to make, just be sure you prepare it overnight.

(Recipe here)

Blood Sucker Cocktail

This tasty pineapple cocktail gets its name from the strawberry/raspberry puree in it that looks like blood dripping down, which is kind of cool.  Also, this cocktail doesn’t take super long to make.

(Recipe here)

Witches’ Brew

The recipe says you need 5 minutes to make it, but 5 minutes is kind of generous.  All you need to do is mix your rum, juices, and 7-Up, and bam, you’ve got a delicious fruity drink.

(Recipe here)

Black Widow Shot

Okay, I’ll admit, black vodka seems weird, as well something that might be harder to find.  However, if you’re willing to go the extra mile and want to impress people, these shots do turn out looking really cool.

(Recipe here)