ChemE Campus Cutie: Caitlin Uyemura

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Don’t let those muscles intimidate you too much, this week’s campus cutie has it all: beauty, brains, and a killer bod! Caitlin has contagious laughter and a feel-good vibe; read on to find out more about this ChemE major!

Name: Caitlin Uyemura

Twitter: @cuyem

Major: Chemical Engineering

Year in School: Junior

Relationship Status: In a committed relationship with Chipotle

Hometown:  Osage City, Kansas

Campus Activities: Engineering Student Ambassador, Society of Women Engineers, American Institute of Chemical Engineering, BioMedical Engineering Society, Student Ambassador for Amazon

Activities Outside of Campus:  Work hard, play hard

Life Motto: “You were born with the ability to change someone’s life, don’t ever waste it.”

Turn Ons: Goofy sense of humor, Tall, Athletic build, Guys who can cook, Good dancer, Nerds

Turn Offs: Pretentious, Bad hygiene, Lazy

Celebrity Crush: Justin Timberlake

Most random thing about you: I can fall asleep anywhere in less than 30 seconds.

What we find you doing on a Friday night? Either Spahr Library, Anschutz library, or out with friends.

Where would we find you on campus? Eaton or Spahr!

What’s your best quality? Worst? Best: Friendly and goofy. Worst: I stress easily and my room is always a mess.

Who has been the most influential person in your life and why? My parents, even though it sounds cliché, they’ve been so supportive and encourage my siblings and I to follow our dreams no matter what. It’s nice to know that I have parents to back me up no matter what I do, good or bad. You can’t beat that support.

What is one thing you couldn’t go without for a day? My Eos lip balm!

Dream job: Either working with kids or dogs, or both.

Ideal date: I like doing spontaneous things, I don’t like doing dinner and a movie, there’s so much to do, I feel like doing that is a cop out. I’m pretty low maintenance and I like trying new things!

Favorite things to eat after a really long day: Dessert for dinner: Ice cream and cookies!

Deal breaker: Dishonesty

What do you like to do to unwind from a long day? Pinning (Pinterest) and then getting to bed a reasonable time (Hint: It never happens)

One thing a guy can do that sweeps you off your feet? The way to my heart is through my stomach.

Most embarrassing moment at KU: My freshman year I was coming back from the career fair and I had a review in Strong and I was wearing a skirt and my backpack pulled up my skirt as I was walking down Jayhwak Blvd. I went to smooth down my skirt when I got to Strong and I touched my butt instead. WHY DIDN’T ANYONE TELL ME?!

When do you feel your prettiest? Right after my workouts, that adrenaline rush works wonders!

Favorite genre of music: Indie Alternative

Favorite snack: McChickens and McDoubles

Favorite TV shows: Game of Thrones & Modern Family

What’s your guilty pleasure? Glee

One thing you wish guys would STOP doing: Chew with their mouth open

One thing you wish guys would do more of: When you give compliments, make sure they’re genuine

You see the most beautiful hunk of a man at the bar and you have to make a move. What do you do? Use a corny pick-up line like Are you made of Copper and Tellerium? Cause you’re CuTe

Most romantic thing a guy has done for you: Cheesecake and flowers when I got my wisdom teeth out because he knew how upset I was that I couldn’t eat anything.

Describe your ideal guy in three words: Goofy, smart, attractive

What motivates you? Probably the fact that we take our situations for granted we don’t understand that millions of people out there have it so much worse than you do, it gives me perspective and keeps me grounded, which in turn helps me keep going.

Can you say you’re the same person you were last year? What’s different? No way. I feel like people should try to improve themselves every day, I feel like every day is a new chance to live with integrity.

Plans after graduation? I have an internship this summer in Texas with Chevron-Phillips Chemical. I’ll be in a hardhat, a jumpsuit and work boots every day.

Why do you think you’re a catch? Don’t be shy now. Because I’m just a small town girl, living in a lonely world.