Best Dressed At The Grammys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

The Grammy Awards this year was an interesting one. CBS enforced a strict dress code that was emailed to all the attendees. The best part about the night was watching all the beautiful people walking down the red carpet and taking some huge risks with their fashion choices. Most of the stars did not care to enforce the strict dress code for themselves. It made some very memorable moments on the red carpet. Her Campus Kansas has three top favorites of the night, though there was many beautiful dresses. These stars made these gowns shine brighter than a diamond.

Rihanna stunned in a custom Azzedine Alaia gown. She was red hot and on trend with her sheer panels. Rihanna is known for taking a risk, but she risked it in the right way. Her minimalistic approach with the jewels were a perfect choice with this beautiful red gown. Miss Riri was definitely on point.

Kelly Rowland in George Chakra. We can’t tell you how much we’re obsessed with this dress. It hugged every curve of her body perfectly. The sheer panels were smartly placed to show just the right amount of skin. The dress flows out from her knees creating an elegant shape.  Even though the color is not popping, the riskiness of the dress makes it a stand out.

Last but not least, Ms. Katy Perry. We’re used to seeing her in short, playful frocks so this mint green Gucci dress was definitely different for her. Maybe it has to do something with her budding romance with John Mayer, who by the way complimented her very well.  She got to show her biggest assets (hmm, hmm…) in this curve hugging dress. The best part was the jewels around the neckline. Not only did it look beautiful on camera, but it looked even better in pictures.  To top it all off, her hair was picture perfect. After, a year of crazy hair colors, she keeps is simple with black wavy curls. 

What was your favorite Grammy look?  Let Her Campus know and leave a comment below!

Preferences

Preferences

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

Deutsch

Español

Français

Italiano

Português

Русский

alt
alt

Preferences