Abbey Connolly ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Abbey Connolly, a sophomore at KU, left the beautiful city of Castro Valley, California to come to KU. She has been dating her boyfriend, who is also from Castro Valley and a student at KU, for four years. Abbey is a great cook, and loves going to KU baseball games to support her boyfriend who plays third base. Keep reading to learn more about this week’s campus cutie!

Name: Abbey Connolly

Age: 19

Year in school: Sophomore 

Major: Sports management

Hometown: Castro Valley, Calif.

Relationship status: In a relationship 

Why did you choose KU? Because of the school spirit and athletics and the overall university experience. 

What is your favorite season and why? Fall because the weather isn’t too hot or too cold, and it is really pretty when all the leaves are changing colors.

What is the perfect temperature for you? 75 degrees, how it is in California every day.

What do you consider your life motto? “Live the life you always imagined.”

What is your best quality? How good-hearted I am. I am a very nice person and I’m down to earth.

What about your worst? Procrastination and laziness.

Do you watch sports? If so, what are your favorite teams? KU baseball because my boyfriend is the team, and the San Francisco Giants

If you’ve had a really long, stressful day, what do you do to unwind afterwards? Probably sleep or take a long shower, but mostly sleep.

What is your favorite song right now? “Drunk In Love” by Beyonce

Tell me about the best day of your life so far. I try to make every day my best day, I can’t single out which day has been my best.

Are you close to your siblings, if you have any? Yes, I have 9 siblings. Four blood and five step. I’m very close to my blood siblings and I’m the youngest of all of them. 

If you could see any performer in concert tonight, who would it be? Beyonce and Jay-Z. I love them, they’re such a power couple. 

What is the number one thing on your bucket list? I really want to visit as many foreign countries as possible because both of my sisters have traveled a lot through foreign exchange programs, and it just seems like they get so much out of it. I want to experience that and other cultures, I want to see the world. 

If you could eat one thing, every day, for the rest of your life, what would it be? Probably apples and peanut butter. They are so good together! Or apples and Nutella. Nutella is so good.

What is something that most people don’t know about you? How many piercings I have, because they’re kind of in hidden places. 

What are your piercings? I have 17 piercings. Ten on my ears, three dermals on the back of my neck, three dermals on my hip, and my belly button. I would never get a tattoo.

Favorite book? Looking For Alaska

Last, but not least, what is your definition of love? Love is caring about someone very passionately while wanting the best for them, and enjoying sharing life together.