5 Reasons Why Pinterest Is Always a Good Idea

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

There is nothing in this world that I love more than aimlessly browsing on Pinterest. And if you guys don’t have one, you are totally missing out. To this day, I still don’t know how many hours I spend playing on the website and pinning everything in sight.  So, today I’ve decided to become more of a blogger and tell you why I think that Pinterest is always a good idea.

Crafting

Being in a sorority, I am very serious about crafting – I know I can’t be the only one. Pinterest is the perfect place for crafters to congregate because it has so many ideas. The majority of all of my canvases have come from an idea on that wonderful place. It’s a wonderful time. But, in reality, that’s not the best part of the crafting section is that you find deals for cheap crafting items. I have found so many great deals on canvases, paintbrushes and glitter. Yes, I said glitter. It’s a win, win situation for everyone.

(from pinterest.com)

I learned how to make these adorable Lilly pumkins! 

Fashion

Everyone has a fashion sense that’s unique to him or her – and that is what is so great about Pinterest – you can discover your own style. I have like three different boards just dedicated to fashion things.  If one day you want to be a prepster, just look at your preppy board. If the next day you want to be hipster, just look at your hipster board. It’s a great way to get inspired for outfits and for fashion in general!

Random Tips

Pinterest has always been known for random facts that may or may not help you out. I mean, most of my study tips have come from that place! Having a Pinterest gives you such a wealth of really different knowledge that can impress your friends or even help you in some way! Just yesterday I was looking and I found a post about 50 Latin phrases that are very useful. Being on Pinterest helps improve your knowledge and maybe your grades!

College Life

So, we’re all in college here, well, at least I hope so. But, Pinterest is great for improving your college experience. People have uploaded and repinned many different tips on how to improve your grades, your studying and your overall experience. I mean, I have found so many great tips on how to make my dorm room homey and how to have a great sorority recruitment experience. So, Pinterest had made me more confident at college – and it will do the same for you! 

(from pinterest.com)

learning how to study for an exam is only one of Pinterest’s many treasures.

It’s Like a Game

Okay, so calling Pinterest a “game” might be a little bit of a stretch, but sometimes I feel like it can be. When I do get on Pinterest, I feel a huge adrenaline rush every time I pin something and it becomes a race against the clock. I’m probably just a weirdo, but Pinterest is great for gamers who love racing against the clock.

All right everyone, that’s about it for today! I hope that I convinced you Pinterest is always a good idea. If you agree with me, you should totally follow Her Campus KU on Pinterest for some great ideas! 

Shelby is a senior here at KU. As well as being the Admin Director for Her Campus KU and a Chapter Advisor, she is involved in Student Senate and Alpha Delta Pi. Her obsession with Chipotle is never ending and she can make a mean chocolate chip cookie. Follow her on Twitter @shelsncheese and Instagram @shelbyostrom_