5 people to inspire your inner stylist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.
You wore your hair straight three days in a row last week. Or maybe you wore it natural because you were gifted waves and curls by the hair gods. You threw it up into a ponytail the next, and maybe followed that up by topping it off with a baseball cap. 

Regardless of how you actually styled it, you probably have fallen victim to the same five hairstyle routines with the rest of us. 

Even if you can braid a three-strand braid, you can exponentially up your hair game. Oh, you can French braid? Even better.

These are five of my favorite Instagrammers to help motivate you to try something new. 

1. Annie Pearce
@anniesforgetmeknots

This adorable blonde hairstylist mixes and mashes relatively simple braids to achieve incredibly intricate looks. Her ruffled style is perfect for your study grind in the library. 

And great for second and third day hair.

Take a break from your typical messy bun and give this braid bun a try. 

2. Amber Clark
@amberfillerup

This girl creates such delicate, romantic styles that would be perfect for your five o’clock margarita dinner date. She is a big fan of using accent braids to spice up a more simple look.

Same braid. Different sizes. All awesome. 

3. Melissa Cook
@missysueblog

This beauty blogger has a sleeker, more put together style that you should try out for your date this Saturday night. 

I know the inner prepster in you is dying to rock one of her half-updos to your internship.

4. @ffashionails

These two sisters rock a more bohemian vibe and I’m loving every minute of it. Hold on to the remnants of summer with one of their looks.

And you get extra points for a flower crown.

A little bit of braiding can seriously spice up a pony.

5. Donna
@braidsandstyles12

This IGer definitely shows off more romantic vibes. Her smooth styles are great for formals and winter parties that are coming around the corner.

This amped up bubble ponytail is making my day. 

All the eyes in the room would be glued to you if you showed up flaunting this fun pony. 

Practice on your roommate or just wing it, but there are so many ways to change up your every day look. 

You can even follow me if your little heart desires. I’ll do what I can to inspire you. 

@cherilynrachelle

Kansas raised (no not on a farm) but forever seeking the wanders of the world. She's one part human, one part hairspray, and one part sawdust. Her happiness is rooted in dabbling in various avenues of creative expression. Pursuing an BFA in Industrial Design and minors in Italian and Strategic Communication, she's a full time student and part time hair stylist. You can find her at the dog park, sharing an ice cream cone with her hound or at a coffee shop downtown.