This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

I’m always getting questions about how I achieve my curly haired locks. Of course, my hair is naturally curly, but I still love to have more structured curls for day to day events. Today, I’m going to teach you guys how to achieve curly hair in 3 easy steps. 

WHAT YOU’LL NEED: 

• A Curling Iron/Wand: I’m using a 1 inch curling iron for this look.
  • Blow dryer 
  • Hairbrushes: I’m using a paddle hair bush and a round brush.
  • Hair Ties 
  • Heat Protectant 

LET’S GET STARTED! 

Step 1: Wash, brush and dry your hair 

So, I had just taken a shower and washed my hair with a deep conditioner and then I brushed out my hair with a paddle brush, as you can see below. 

Step 2: Dry your hair

So as you can see below, I sectioned my hair off on my shoulders, brushed it and dried it! 

Step  3: Brush and curl

I brushed my hair with both the round brush first and then with my paddle brush. Then I took about 1 inch sections of my hair and then I curled that section. 

All Done! Here’s my finished product, I hope you all enjoyed this simple tutorial! 

Shelby is a senior here at KU. As well as being the Admin Director for Her Campus KU and a Chapter Advisor, she is involved in Student Senate and Alpha Delta Pi. Her obsession with Chipotle is never ending and she can make a mean chocolate chip cookie. Follow her on Twitter @shelsncheese and Instagram @shelbyostrom_