Campus Cutie: Elana Spivack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kenyon chapter.

Name: Elana Spivack

Hometown: Bergen County, New Jersey

Major: English/Spanish Literature Major with Creative Writing Emphasis

Year: 2017

Student Activities: Ballroom Dance, Chamber Singers, Kenyon Review Associate, The Thrill, Collegian Assistant Arts Editor

Spirit Animal: Other people has put me as deer and cat, I’d put myself as Hedgehog.

Best thing about Kenyon? Lately, my favorite part has been the upside-down tree, no other school has something like it.

Worst Thing? Winter. And the upside down tree is frozen, so there’s no place to take shelter (other than indoors, of course).

Something Kenyon doesn’t know about you: When I was 13, I did figure skating, and I wanted to be a professional figure skater.

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve done? My senior prom I prom-posed to my friend, and it was pretty fantastic. I had just seen 10 Things I hate About You for the first time, I wasn’t dating anyone at the time, but I knew if I wanted to go with someone, I’d have to do it myself. My really good friend had just come back from his first year of college, so I got together seven of my really good girl friends and we all had kazoos. I had a top hat, and we made posters. I texted with his mom, who tricked him to going outside to get the mail. We marched down the street parade-style, playing on Kazoo “I Love You Baby,” by Frankie Valli. We went to prom together as friends.

Perfect Kenyon Date? Do all my homework before hand, then we get burgers at the VI, then we get bookstore ice cream, then we watch movies in Higley. If it’s nice out we go for a walk on the Gap Trail.

Kenyon Bucket List? Go Skinny-dipping in the Kokosing, Go to Sunset Point. Perform at the Horn in a band.

Reagan Neviska is a senior at Kenyon College where she studies Anthropology and Music. She is an active member of her coed Greek service organization, The Archon Society, as well as the president of Gospel Choir, a Her Campus Chapter Writer, and a member of the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, where she plays percussion. Reagan's interests include reading, practicing and listening to music, playing with dogs (her family has four!) and watching Downton Abbey.  You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @Reagaroni.