What Your SO Really Wants For Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Christmas is coming, and for many of us it is our favorite time of year!  With the holiday season finally being here, it is time to start all of our Christmas shopping and to hopefully get all of our loved ones the best gifts for each of them.  Christmas shopping can be so much fun, but it can be rather frustrating when you have no idea what to get for everyone on your shopping list. Especially with that one person on the list being your boyfriend or significant other. I feel like every year, us girls battle with the idea of what to get our men.  After all, boys in general can be VERY hard to shop for… they can be picky, they’re blunt, they “don’t want anything this year,” etc.  Personally being in a relationship myself this year, I have stressed over the matter and spent way to much time worrying.  Finally after a few weeks of thinking, I came up with some ideas to help us all out and maybe make life a little easier this holiday season.

Here is a little gift guide for any type of guy to hopefully help all the girls out there that struggle every year with the “perfect gift” for their man. 

1.)Yeti Cooler/accessories

Every dude wants a Yeti cooler, trust me… basically The God of all coolers. This gift is more on the expensive side, but will absolutely be in use, so it’s worth the extra dough.  It is a great gift especially built for the outdoorsy male, because we all know this is something they want to have in their collection of man toys. 

2.) Shoes

Investing in shoes is always a good idea because he can always wear them.  There are a ton of great shoe options out there for your man including brands such as Timberland, Nike, Supra, Adidas, Sperry, etc. My personal favorites from Sperry are the Cutwater Deck Boots (now on sale!) and the Authentic Original Lug Weatherproof Boot.

3.) Watch

The ultimate guy accessory and probably one of the only things he will ever wear on his wrist. 

4.) Omaha Steaks

A great gift for the boyfriend that loves meat. This is a great choice as the website has a range of many options for what kind and also how many.  They can be delivered right to his door. And who doesn’t love playing with the dry ice that it’s packaged in…

5.) Sports tickets 

So what guys don’t love sports? This is a fun way to enjoy a game and to share his excitement (and yours) in sporting events as you can cheer together and be in a thrilling environment.  

6.) Plan the date and pick up the tab

This will probably be the route I am going to take this year. Guys will enjoy you being thoughtful and making all the decisions for the night so he doesn’t have to worry about it.  Try to find a cool date to go on and/or a nice dinner.  An idea I have is trying out the new “Escape the Room” dates they have popping up in a lot of cities and then going going to a nice steak dinner at a restaurant he will love.

7.) JUUL

Yahoo. 

8.) Zingerman’s Bacon Club

A similar idea to Omaha Steaks, this is a club where you are able to have different kinds of bacon sent to him every month.  You are able to choose how many months you would want the membership to last for and see the kinds of bacon they deliver.  It was even featured on Food Network’s show The Best Thing I Ever Ate and would beat any grocery store’s bacon… something my boyfriend would love! There are also other monthly clubs they offer that are totally worth checking out here on Zingerman’s.

9.) See/Smell/Touch present

Something more unique and thoughtful.  These are things that will please him and can be personalized specifically for him… making him love you for that! These items can include items such as his favorite cologne, a candle (or MANdle), a soft blanket, music, a restaurant gift card, etc.

In addition to some of these gift ideas, I always think it is best to make the most out of the holidays. Make this Christmas more than just giving a gift. Finish it up with a night-in with maybe a movie and of course some intimacy. 

Hope that helps everyone in their hunt to find the perfect gift for their SO and Merry Christmas to you all! 

XOXO :)

I am proud to be a student at Kent State University and a  member of Alpha Xi Delta. I am majoring in Fashion Merchandising and minoring in Fashion Media with lots of studying abroad plans. I love being adventurous and doing/trying as many things as I can. Wishes and dreams to travel every part of the world possible and I am so unbelievably passionate about the world of fashion and photogrpahy. Catch me at the gym or doing what I love (anything fashion!).
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.