We lost one, but gained another

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s time to wipe your tears and throw away that box of tissues from when Kyrie Irving traded to the Boston Celtics. Cleveland has officially signed Dwayne Wade. After the devastating blow that Kyrie had officially traded to the Boston Celtics, fans were saddened but still had hope for their team. On September 27 Cleveland’s General Manager Koby Altman announced the exciting news that fans had been waiting to hear. 

After a buyout agreement between the Chicago Bulls and Wade there was some contemplation whether or not he would go back to the Miami Heat or come here to the Cavaliers, which he ultimately decided upon. He signed a one-year, $2.3-million-dollar deal with the Cavs and will soon be reuniting with Lebron back on the courts.

Dwayne was quoted in a Facebook post saying “There’s no better place to be right now to continue to play and compete at the highest level. Cleveland believes in my talents and what I can bring to a championship contender both as a player and leader. I look forward to reuniting and playing alongside my brother Lebron. We’ve already won two championships together and I hope we win a third.”

So now with a killer team of Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Kevin Love, Isaiah Thomas, Thristan Thompson, JR Smith, Derrick Rose and Iman Shumpert as a potential starting lineup we can only hope to see the Cavs in their third consecutive finals. Although they say Wade potentially won’t play every game, we are still excited to have him on the roster! 

So Dwayne, welcome to the Cavs! 

A sophomore at Kent State University majoring in journalism with a minor in fashion media. I love to workout and hang out with friends and hike! I love reading and writing about fashion, health, and relationships and how to balance your life in college.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.