Crushing on KSU Crushes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

For those of you that aren’t very twitter savvy, KSU Crushes is one of the most popular twitter accounts among Kent State’s student population. With almost 5,000 followers, KSU Crushes keeps students in the loop with who’s crushing on who, and is even known for creating some of the most adorable matches. I conducted an anonymous interview with the student behind the secret account, and got the inside scoop on everything crush-worthy. We’re totally crushin’.

Her Campus: Boy or Girl?

KSU Crushes: Girl

HC: How long has KSU Crushes been established?

KSU: There was a previous KSU Crushes page that was disabled by the user, so last year about half way through the fall semester I started this page.

HC: Do you know the creator?

KSU: I don’t know the creator, but I am the person who started, runs, and posts all the crushes for @KSU_Crushes.

HC: How did the position get passed down to you?

KSU: The old account was deactivated, but I always looked forward to reading the crushes so I decided to start a new account after the old one was gone.

HC: How will you pass it on?

KSU: I haven’t really put much thought in how I would pass it on considering I have a lot of time before I leave Kent State. I do know that when I start to realize I don’t have enough time to devote to posting the crushes, I will start to look for someone who does.

HC: How many crushes do you get sent to you on a daily basis?

KSU: I get anywhere between 60-80 crushes a day, but on the weekends it is usually more.

HC: Do you tweet every crush?

KSU: I don’t tweet every crush. I use my judgment and weed out the ones that could possibly hurt someone’s feelings because that isn’t what this page is about.

HC: What is the funniest/best crush tweet you posted?

KSU: I wouldn’t say they are the “best crushes”, but I do love when people send in ones like “Me. I am my one and only crush.” or “The chocolate chip cookie I just ate.” because they just make me laugh.

HC: Favorite Twitter accounts to follow?

KSU: I love following @KSU_Confessions and @KSUprobs

HC: Your personal crush?

KSU: I do have a personal crush, but I am ashamed to say he goes to Akron.

HC: What’s one thing you want your followers to know about you?

KSU: I want my followers to know that I try really hard to weed out the mean crushes, but I do get a lot of them and sometimes one or two of them slip through and I sincerely apologize for that.

And be sure to follower KSU Crushes on Twitter @KSUcrushes!

Junior Fashion Merchandising student at Kent State University. Lover of Pilates, Sex and the City, Decorating, Entertaining, Marie Claire, Thai food, the Olsen twins, Christmas, and Traveling.