9 Unique Mother’s Day Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Picking out gifts can be hard, but it can especially be difficult when it comes to picking out that perfect present to get your mom for Mother’s Day. You want to be able to show how much you love and appreciate her but do not want to break the bank. Here are nine unique gifts that are sure to show your mom just how much you care without going over budget.  

1.    Succulents: Unlike the typical flowers you might usually get for your mom succulents will last much longer. She will be able to enjoy for many years after you have given them to her. Another plus about succulents is that they are much more affordable than flowers. A nice flower arraignment usually cost around $30.00, but you can find succulents as little as $12.00

2.    Subscription box: Subscription boxes is the gift that will keep on giving and reminding your mom just how much you appreciate her long after Mother’s Day is over. 

3.    Spa gift card: This might not be the most out of the box idea, but it is something your mom probably does not treat herself to very often. What better way to show your mom just how much you appreciate her than giving her a day that is all about relaxing. 

4.    Reenactment photos: These can be fun, silly and affordable! Find some of your favorite old pictures recreate them.

5.    Bird Feeder: This is cute gift idea that might not seem like much but would most definitely brighten your moms day!

6.    Essential Oils:  Essential oils are growing in popularity right now for their natural healing abilities. There are essential to help with everything from boosting your immune system to improving your sleep to even relaxation. Find the ones that would work best for your mom and she is sure to love them!   

7.    Coffee: Who does not enjoy coffee? More importantly, who does not love cute, quaint local coffee shops? Find your local coffee shop and get your mom a gift card or even a bag coffee and maybe even a cute mug! 

8.    Personal Stylist subscriptions:  This is the perfect gift to give when you truly stuck on ideas. The ideal thing about a personal stylist subscription is that your mom will end up picking out her own gifts that way she is sure to love it! 

9.    Concert or Theater tickets: What better way to show you care than getting your mom a night or afternoon out! Find out if there any local theaters performing musicals, play or concerts she would enjoy. It is a great way to support your local theater and something fun and unique.  

Sarah Fogus

Kent State

Kent State University | Fashion Merchandising Major | Fashion Media Minor