Top Ten Colors for Spring 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Collegiettes, spring is here and summer is just around the corner! We all want to look our best at school, work, and even at home with the latest color trends for spring 2012.

Luckily, the Pantone Fashion Color Report has announced the top 10 colors of spring 2012.
Colors such as Margarita and Tangerine Tango will likely place images in your head of delicious beverages you can sip on while relaxing on the beach or while simply enjoying the fabulous warm weather.

Well if you like purple, you will probably delight in wearing Bellflower. We all already know that when flowers blossom in spring they bring joy to nature and Bellflower will bring just that to your wardrobe!

Cabaret is a strong magenta color that you’ll love if you enjoy wearing pinks or reds; this color will help create a classy and sexy look.

If you’re a blue fanatic, you will likely adore Cockatoo, a blue-green just like the Caribbean ocean.

Also, if you like neutral colors such as beige like the desert, Driftwood is the perfect choice because it is a balanced blend of gray and beige. 

If you don’t really like yellow, Margarita will make you think twice because of its soft green-yellow color and unique glow.

Sodalite Blue, known as a maritime hue is a bold but peaceful color that will put your mind at ease in any situation.

The golden yellow color that transmits warmth and energy is Solar Power; wear this color if you want to stand out and shine in your own fabulous way.

Another color that transmits warmth is Starfish, a deep gray neutral color; this color is said to look perfect with the rest of the nine trend colors of spring 2012.

If you’re the type who loves to look pretty in pink then Sweet Lilac is for you! Envision a gorgeous garden in spring full of the delicate flowers; this romantic sensitive pink-purple color fits in with any wardrobe.

Lastly, the sophisticated and seductive appeal color of spring 2012 is Tangerine Tango, an orange-red sparkling color that can be worn with pride this spring.  While accessories of this color will help brighten up your look, throwing on a solid color dress will make a real statement!

It is time to add these colors to your wardrobe and get ready for the warm and sunny days! Rock them everywhere you go and keep looking like the young, beautiful, and classy collegiettes you are!

Avani Kapur is a senior at Kean University studying Writing with a minor in Communication.  She is currently an intern at Kooba Bags in New York City.  She also contributes to the student newspaper at her school, The Tower. She loves to travel and just came back from a summer study abroad in gorgeous Florence.  Avani also loves shopping and has an obsession with cute heels, bags and leather jackets.  In her free time you can find her writing at Starbucks, cooking, or lounging on the couch with her adorable kitten, Fred, and her dog, Bella.  She is so excited to be part of the HerCampus team!