This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

For Liana, fashion is just second nature to her. Liana Garcia is a senior here at Kean, close to finishing up her last semester. With her major in Creative Writing, Liana not only expresses herself through fashion but through poetry. When she isn’t studying here at Kean she helps manage Nirvana, a boutique in Westfield which also helps her channel her great style.

When it comes to her style Liana says that she always willing to take risks and experiment especially with pieces that are more interesting. “I’m not concerned with wondering if people will look at me funny, growing through college helped me with that.”

Liana’s outfit consists of a beanie and jeans from Urban Outfitters, a jacket from J. Crew, a kimono shawl from Nirvana and her Jeffery Campbell shoes from Nasty Gal. Along with various jewelry pieces from Alex and Ani and Urban Outfitters.

“I love clothes so much and with so many styles I just can’t commit to one. But I usually lean towards bohemian with an edge.” Along with Nirvana being one of her favorite stores, Liana also loves Free People, Gypsy Warrior, and the online boutique For Love and Lemons.

Her fashion Inspirations also include Nicole Richie and Alexa Chung.

Graduating is bittersweet for her though along with many other seniors. “Although I’m excited to explore different things in the real world, I love school. It sounds slightly nerdy but I’ve just been so used to school and I love learning. It will be weird to break the cycle.” She’s taken a variety of interesting classes here at Kean such as Existentialism, Witchcraft, Poetry, and Reiki.

We wish Liana Garcia best of luck on graduating and whatever her future holds. One thing’s for certain, she’ll remain effortlessly stylish!

I received my Associate's degree in Liberal Arts Journalism at Middlesex County College. I have a variety of Journalism experience. I was in charge of children's newsletter at a summer camp program. I worked on a news report at MCC about a program called "Give Kids a Smile" and this program provided free dental care to children. I am great at digital photography, interviewing, and networking. I also wrote for two school newspapers.The first was "Quo Vadis" for Middlesex County College. I am currently a second time writer for "The Tower" newspaper at Kean. I am currently the Vice President of Her Campus for the Fall semester 2013 and during the Spring I will be the President of Her Campus Kean magazine. This May 2014 I will be graduating with my Bachelor's degree in Communications/ Journalism.