Keyaira’s Transitional Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

I used to pack up my spring and summer clothes as soon as I was faced with the fall semester, but with the weather being totally unpredictable these days I find myself looking towards transitional pieces. While it can be annoying not knowing if you need a lightweight cardigan or a full length pea coat to make it through the day, transitional pieces help you get the most out of your wardrobe.

One of my favorite transitional pieces right now is a floral sheath I purchased on sale from H&M’s plus sized collection “H&M +” for only ten dollars! If you’re a curvy girl and you haven’t had the chance to check out H&M’s plus-sized offerings I suggest you do so right away! They have quality, and most importantly for me, age appropriate attire for the trendy size twelve and up customer. After all, who cares how well the clothes fit if they’re designed exclusively for fifty year olds? (Ashley Stewart, I’m looking at you.)

I first wore this dress to brunch in the early spring. Pairing it with a denim jacket just heavy enough to keep my arms toasty, a pair of low top beach glass converse sneakers, teal DVF shades, and a pale pink cross body to create the look.

The second time around I opted for Nine West suede boots, thick tights, a warm black cardigan, and a pop of color from my pink lightweight scarf. I matched my lipstick to the scarf for a fun beauty look, and traded in the cross body for a textbook ready Love Pink tote (not pictured).

Both times I wore my very favorite accessory, heart shaped earrings from Tiffany & Co.