burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Baroque, School Girl, Neo Gothic, Capes and Cloaks: What Fashion Fall Trend is Your Style?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kean chapter.

Ladies, have you watched on television or seen in magazines all of the fashion fall trends for 2012? Don’t panic if you haven’t! You’ll learn about some of them on the following pages. But before you continue, you must learn about clothing that is the key to this year’s trend:

• Prints and the color red.
  • The roaring 20s as well as leather skirts.
  • Varsity jackets designed especially for school girls.
  • Animal motifs, tartan, plaid and androgynous fashion (considered as a niche fall/winter trend).
  • Textured sleeves, peplums and denim (which come in “coloured” jeans).

[pagebreak]

Baroque

Associated with the Baroque Movement, this fashion trend can draw the public’s or the audience’s attention because it will stand out with jewelry. For example, tapestry, embroidery or gold lead were a few accessories designers used for their models during a fashion show.

[pagebreak]

The School Girl

This fashion trend is reinvented for fall 2012. It makes the school girl look rebellious, but cute in a unique way. In order to rock this trend on the hallways of a school, girls can wear a long knee skirt and a jacket with a simple shirt inside. Accessories are a must to complete this look. 

(Photo Credit: Txema Yeste)

[pagebreak]

Neo Gothic

This fashion trend is also known as the romance, dark fairytales, and noir fiction trend. It consists of wearing black; however, wearing black does not have to be boring. A good way to portray yourself wearing this trend is using the correct make up. The dark matte red lipstick from Revlon will surely stand out. Keep in mind that although most of your clothing should be black, you can still mix this trend with a bit of another dark color. For some inspiration, think “Vampire Theme.”

[pagebreak]

Capes and Cloaks

This trend gives life to outerwear’s shadowy fantasies.  A tailored cape is made to fit an individual’s body. It gives a sleek, groomed finish to ensemble and make the shoulders look lean. It hugs the waist, looking almost like a trench coat. A cloak is similar to a cape—just a little bit longer and typically mid-calf, but down to the ankle. Cloaks are completely sleeveless. 

[pagebreak]

Now that you have incredible ideas for your own wardrobe, are you ready to try them out?