This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

My name is Jenny Frank and I’m the helpline coordinator for Campus Assault REsponse. I’m in the Delta Gamma fraternity, Epsilon Nu chapter. I am an active member of Tri-Beta the National Biological Honor Society. Then I do most work on campus as a volunteer for different tabling events and prevention/awareness weeks.

HCJMU: I’d love to know more about CARE and how you are involved with that. 

JF: As helpline coordinator I’m in charge of volunteers who work on the 24/7 sexual assault and intimate partner helpline. I also file paperwor regarding intial contact forms and contain all resources for those who need them.

HCJMU: When did you start getting involved with CARE?

JF: I joined as a first semester freshman! So a full year now I’ve been involved.

HCJMU:  Is sexual assault prevention something you have been passionate about for a while now?

JF: Sexual assault prevention is something I’ve always been passionate about since I began high school. It has affected me personally by my friends and those I know around campus, as well as myself. By tabling, volunteering, or taking the time to talk about it, you can really raise awareness and help others out!

Check out CARE here!

I am a junior at JMU studying Media Arts & Design- Corporate Communication. I am a member of Phi Mu Fraternity in addition to Her Campus! I was born in Troy, OH and grew up in both Kings Mountain, NC and Richmond, VA. I am the oldest child, the only blonde in my immediate family, and the only one who has 20/20 vision.