7 Things We Think When Seeing Someone Wearing a JMU T-Shirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

It’s been a long summer of waiting to be back at JMU and most of us have spent it cycling through our collection of purple and gold t-shirts. But have you ever wondered what a fellow Duke thinks when they see someone out-and-about in all of their Duke’s attire? Here are seven things we all think when we see someone wearing a JMU shirt.

1. Oh, hey, I go to school there too! And then you realize that you’re on campus and everyone goes to school here.

1.  

2. Do I know you? I mean JMU is huge so it’s impossible to know everyone, right?

1.  

3. Should I know you? Did I sit next to you in philosophy last semester? Or maybe you were the guy that I borrowed notes from because I was too unmotivated to go to lectures myself.

1.  

4. Do you know me? I’m gonna just awkwardly smile at you until I figure it out.

1.  

5. I should say hello. But after spending all summer talking to my dog I’m not even sure I know how to talk to people anymore.

6. Maybe I should just hold the door instead.

7. If I hold it open long enough, hopefully you’ll understand. ‘JMU?’ ‘JMU.’

Writer of words and animal sweater enthusiast.Twitter- @SydneyEsThierInstagram- @sydney_esther
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.