5 Ways to Make Your Mom Happy on Mothers’ Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

It’s actually a lot easier than you would think to make your mom happy on a holiday dedicated especially to her.

1. Don’t fight with your siblings.

One day out of the year that you and your siblings aren’t arguing will be a breath of fresh air and greatly appreciated. If you don’t have siblings, don’t do any of the little things you normally do just to get under your mom’s skin.

2. Buy her flowers.

The simplest of joys comes in the form of bright colors and beauty in nature. I know it sounds silly, but flowers are actually a fantastic way to put a smile on the face of the woman who, y’know, GAVE YOU LIFE.

3. Make the coffee BEFORE she wakes up.

If she’s not a coffee drinker, then a mimosa will work, too.

4. Tell her you love her.

This seems like something we shouldn’t need to be reminded of, but there is actually a lot that we forget—such as appreciating what we generally take for granted. In this case, whom we take for granted.

5. Do the dishes without being asked.

While in my house, this is an all the time kind of thing, on Mother’s Day you better not think twice about doing household chores, and they should be done before she even has to ask.

Mom, even if I don’t say it all the time, I love you and appreciate all that you do

Have you ever thought "Am I the only one who..."? I'm sure you have, and I promise you're not. Live the life you love. I don't take things too seriously, because life is too short to be so obsessed with what everyone thinks of me. I became a writer so I could say what everyone else is thinking. I believe that treating others the way you want to be treated means you will never have to regret a decision you make. I make mistakes, but that's what makes great articles!