andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Dating/Flirting Apps Founded by Women You NEED to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Are you sick of creepy guys stalking you on Tinder and/or feeling like your sexts aren’t safe? Women are changing up the dating game with some awesome new apps you’re sure to love. Read on for your best Valentine’s Day yet!

1. flirtyQWERTY

flirtyQWERTY has sexy images that you can send from any app on your phone! The “emojis” are super inclusive of all sexualities, races and sizes (bonus: there are mermaids). “The emojis are great for when you aren’t sure what you want to say or what word(s) you want to use,” says Amy Galland, the founder of the app. “Studies show that people who use emojis have more sex!” What are you waiting for?

2. Bumble

If you haven’t heard of Bumble, founded by Whitney Wolfe, you’re missing out! It’s like Tinder, but only women can initiate the conversations. This definitely eliminates a lot of pressure! This app is sure to take a flirty conversation to the next level.

3. Plume

Speaking of flirty conversations, you need this app (also founded by Amy Galland!). Plume is a private messaging app with a password, separate camera roll, notifications that don’t reveal the message or sender and an automatic log-out! There are even more than 400 emojis and stickers that you can send to friends who don’t have the app yet!

“Having a safe place to communicate helps build intimacy within a relationship,” Galland says. With this app, you’ll no longer have to worry about your family or friends seeing anything you don’t want them to!

4. Siren

Siren is a dating app founded by Susie Lee. Women are able to control who can see their image, who can talk to them and what kind of date they want to go on! People connect via responses to a question of the day. The company is even working on a version for the LGBTQ+ community!

5. Her

Her is a lesbian dating app founded by Robyn Exton. The app is designed for women to meet other women, learn about events and read lesbian articles. There’s nothing better than being able to score a hot date and catch up on LGBTQ+ news all in one place! Whether you’re looking to take a fling to the next level with some flirty messages or looking to meet your next love, one of these apps is sure to do you justice! Have a Happy Valentine’s Day, collegiettes!

Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.