HC National Health Editor Katie Naymon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

1.     Name: Katie Naymon

2.     Major, Year: Writing Seminars, 2015. Minors: Women, Gender & Sexuality; Psychology

3.     Hometown: Richfield, OH

4.     Affiliated with: A Place to Talk, Hopkins Feminists, Kappa Alpha Theta, Her Campus National, JHU Wind Ensemble, Study Consulting

5.     You can probably find me…running between two on-campus jobs, sometimes eating veggie burgers in Brody, occasionally trying to be real cool in Gilman.

6.     The best thing about Hopkins is…the Writing Seminars program. Not many undergraduate students get access to a creative writing program like this. I’ve had the most amazing professors here. I never expected to end up at JHU, but I’m really grateful to have been a part of this first class department.

7.     Something I’m especially proud of is…the skills I honed and refined while being a part of A Place to Talk. The group has made me a better listener and a better person.

8.     Something most people don’t know about me is…Jag pluggar svenska! I’m currently teaching myself Swedish with the goal of becoming fluent.

9.     This year, I hope to…get that one last N credit out of the way.  I’ll see the rest of you Sems majors in that Modern Alchemy class, yeah?

10. In five years, I will be…living in Stockholm, working at either at an international think tank, a digital agency or an English newspaper. Totally undecided and all is subject to change.

11. Next up for me is…finding a job that I really love and feel passionate about.  I came into college 100% sure of what I wanted to do and these last three years have completely dismantled everything I thought I knew. I want to write and I want to do something that matters. That’s all I’m sure of.