This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

BMore’s Best is a new series of definitive lists that Hopkins students can count on. Each time, we’ll share our best picks that’ll keep you close to Homewood and won’t break the bank!

With Valentine’s Day over, its about time Hopkins students devoted a little time to themselves. This week’s BMore’s Best features places close to campus where you can finally get all the pampering that you deserve. For any Parks and Rec fans- its time to treat yo self! Take an hour away from midterm mayhem and head to these spots for the best service in the area.

JH Hair Studio

3003 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21218

0.3 miles away

This salon is located just behind Maxie’s inside the Homewood building, making it a quick trek for any Hopkins student. Previously named Moxie, the revamped studio advertises its Balayage and ombre services for anyone wanting to try out the year’s most popular trends. On Wednesdays, bring your student ID and get $10 eyebrow waxing. They take JCash, ladies!

Lluminaire Salon

15 Allegheny Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21204

7 miles away

For the all-star treatment, this salon is the place to go. With swanky, old-Hollywood glamour decorations, Lluminaire will make you feel like a million bucks. More pricey than some of your other local choices, this salon promises professional service that’ll make you glad you didn’t wait to go home for break to get that cut. Ask for Ashley!

Charm City Skin

3602 Elm Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21211

1.6 miles away

Charm City Skin has that personal touch. Owner Shannon Reilly provides skincare services herself and makes sure you feel at home in Hampden. You can conveniently schedule all your waxing and massage services online.

The Tan Company

7208 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212

4.1 miles away

If you’re not one of the students blessed with access to the tanning beds in the Varsity, you might be feeling a little pale in this Baltimore snow. Head to the Tan Company to get that glow back in time for Spring Break. Although it’s a chain establishment, this spot is organized, clean, and conveniently located in Towson. 

Lux Nail Spa & Hair Salon

421 East 33rd Street, Baltimore, MD 21218

0.4 miles away

This salon has a cute and spacious interior. They do ombre and gel manicures and are within easy walking distance from campus. Grab a friend and go get pampered!

All images couresty off the salons’ offical Facebook pages.

Megan DiTrolio is a writing seminars major at Johns Hopkins University.