10 Fuss-Free Thanksgiving Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Myth: enjoying all of the amazing fall flavors that are found in a Thanksgiving feast can only be achieved through hours upon hours of toiling over hot stoves and ovens.

Fact: here are 10 low-maintenance (and oven-free!) ways to savor all of that Thanksgiving goodness without all of the back-breaking work!

1. Pumpkin Breakfast Parfait

Call me basic, but pumpkin (spice) for breakfast sounds like an excellent way to start your day. 

2. Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

Pie isn’t the only way to get your apple cinnamon fix. These pancakes are sure to do the trick.  

3. Shredded Brussels Sprout and Apple Salad

A healthy squeeze of lemon juice brightens up this simple salad that’s filled with fall goodness. 

4. Grilled Brie, Turkey, Cranberry, and Avocado Sandwich

A Thanksgiving dinner in sandwich form + avocado? Yes, please. 

5. Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes

If you needed more proof that mashed potatoes are the best, try adding sour cream and chives to them. Added bonus: mashed potatoes can be made ahead! Just microwave to reheat when you’re ready to eat them.

6. Slow Cooker Thanksgiving Stuffing

No oven, no problem! Make your favorite stuffing in a slow cooker instead.

7. Creamed Peas and Onions

Both of the star ingredients in this dish come from the freezer aisle! It doesn’t get much simpler than that. 

8. Spiced Apple Cider

Plain apple cider is great, but spiced cider is on another level. 

9. Vanilla Spice Poached Pears

Not only is this a delicious bake-less dessert, but your entire kitchen is bound to smell like one giant vanilla-spiced candle after you make it.

10. Apple Pie Granitas

Essentially apple pie in slushy form. 

Asia is a Public Health Studies major and Entrepreneurship and Management minor hailing from Brooklyn, NY. She is rarely without a cup of coffee in her hand, and dedicates a significant portion of her thoughts to various aspects of food (including but not limited to cooking/baking, eating, and photographing it). Asia fills her spare moments by binge-watching whatever looks interesting on Netflix, impulse buying kitchen gadgets on Amazon, and obsessing over her Bernese Mountain Dog, Lilly. Check her out on Instagram @asiacol!