pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Senior Spotlight on Our Very Own Rachel Spenik

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

As she prepares to graduate in May, we wanted to feature our very own Campus Correspondant, Rachel Spenik, before she starts the next chapter beyond college! To learn more about her, keep reading!

Name: Rachel Spenik

Year: Senior

Hometown: Hudson, OH

Major: English/ Secondary Education

What has been your favorite experience at John Carroll? My favorite experience/opportunity that JCU has given me has been this semester as I student teach at Willoughby South High School. It has been an awesome experience and given me such reassurance that I was meant to be a teacher.

What are you most looking forward to after graduation? Following graduation, I am looking forward to working as the Learning Resources teacher at Hathaway Brown before full-time teaching at (TBD) in the fall.  

What will you miss most about Carroll? Hmm.. That is a tough question. I think I will miss the atmosphere and the beautiful buildings at John Carroll. Walking through campus during any season is gorgeous and everyone you meet is beyond friendly.

What activities or student organizations were you invovled with at Carroll? It has been a blessing to be involved with Her Campus and before I started my senior year, I was a member of The Sweet Carrollines which is the all-female acapella group on campus.

What is your dream job? My dream job is to be a high school English teacher at a school with a friendly and fun environment. 

What is your favorite hobby? I love exercising. If I’m not going to the gym, I’m probably going on a hike or a walk. I also love playing with puppies at any chance I get.

What is your favorite food? My favorite food, hands down, comes to a tie between chocolate and avocados.

What do you hope to do before you turn 30? I have a lot of goals before then but I think a bucket list item before I turn thirty would be to travel to either/both Ireland or Greece and then back to Tuscany, Italy.