Everything You Need to Know About the New Cleveland Cavaliers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

On Feb. 8, the Cleveland Cavaliers made a series of trades to improve their underperforming roster. After going only 7-13 since Christmas Day, changes definitely needed to be made. Listed below are key points from the Cavs’ latest series of moves:

1. The Cavaliers dealt forward Channing Frye, point guard Isaiah Thomas and one of two of their first-round draft picks to the Lakers in exchange for forward Larry Nance Jr. and point guard Jordan Clarkson. While trading IT came as a shock to most Clevelanders, he was considered a defensive liability, so the Cavs decided it was best for him to go.

2. Dwayne Wade went to the Miami Heat in exchange for a second round draft pick in 2020.

3. The Cavs also traded Jae Crowder and Derrick Rose to Utah in exchange for George Hill and Rodney Hood.

4. Iman Shumpert and the Cavs’ Miami pick went to Sacramento, also in exchange for Hill and Hood.

5. With LeBron potentially leaving at the end of the 2018 season, the Cavaliers found it best to rebuild their team while there’s still time.

In short, there are going to be some new faces here in Cle, and with the Cavs’ latest victory over OKC, things seem to be looking up!

JCU Campus Correspondent