jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Valentine’s Day Fun Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This holiday is typically seen as a horrible, stressful day for people regardless of relationship status. The singles think they need to do something to substitute for not having plans and couples think that they need to do some huge romantic gesture for their significant other. But this day is meant to be fun and enjoyable for all parties, so I have a bunch of fun ideas to do something inexpensive and worthwhile!

Romeo’s Heart Shaped Pizza

Pizza is a well loved food at college and nothing is better than sharing one with your friends or other half. The fact that Romeo’s delivers and provides ranch to dip your pizza in is awesome especially with the Indiana winter weather. This option is excellent if you do not want to leave your apartment or house due to the cold. If the pizza is not up to your expectations, at least there is the amazing Romeo’s ranch provided. 

Going out to Dinner

Many restaurants offer two can dine specials if individuals go out to dinner for this holiday. It is highly recommended for some venues to have a reservation to eat during the holiday. This can sometimes be the best option because of the romance features that it includes plus a delicious meal. 

Galentine’s Day

This is an excellent option if you want to have an amazing Valentine’s day. It features a night with your girls which can include the Romeo’s heart shaped pizza from the first option. Galentine’s day can be hosted by anyone looking to have an amazing time with the people that you love. They are your favorite people, so they are your perfect valentine! You do not have to buy them expensive gifts, you can eat all the chocolate you want, and get to wear leggings/sweats the entire time with them if you want. There is no pressure to be perfect and it can be the best option for growing college women. 

Winter Fun at the Co op Park

Sled riding and making snowmen is definitely an inexpensive option for your Valentines Day festivities. It does not cost any additional money and all it takes is a drive over to the park for the fun. There are not a lot of hills at IUP that can be sled rideable so the park is the best option for it. You can have a snowball fight or a scenic walk in the snow with friends or your other half. It is definitely suggested though to be safe in the very cold Indiana winters that happen during the spring semester. 

Indiana Movie Theater:

The movie theater has been renovated and has been taken over by a local movie theater chain. This have an excellent option if you want to celebrate the holiday a day late. On Mondays, they have $6.00 movies all day and you get a free 32 oz popcorn with your movie for free. There are a lot of good movies coming out within the next month and the comedy How to be Single features Rebel Wilson for those Pitch Perfect lovers. Plus, you can save money on dinner by eating the delicious buttery popcorn!  

Hi everyone! My name is Bonnie and I am a junior fashion merchandising major at IUP. My hobbies include watching scandal and gossip girl,eating popcorn, spending time in coffee shops,and going shopping at TJ Maxx.I love to write and talk about interesting topics.