ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Unique Holiday Gifts for Everyone on Your List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

With final exams, projects, and papers, holiday shopping may be the last thing on your mind right now. If you’re not careful, the holidays will sneak up on you and and you’ll be filled with a whole different kind of stress- finding the right gift for everyone on your list this year. If you need a little bit of inspiration for this season, check out this gift guide.

Girl Friends and Sisters

Around this time of year every makeup or beauty supply company typically comes out with holiday sets. While these sets themselves are great gifts, splitting them up and creating individualized gift bags from two or more of these sets for each of your friends is even better. For example, some of the holiday sets being sold at Ulta this season are The Royal Eye Shadow Collection by Lorac, Lipspectacular by bareMinerals, Gilded Gears by Butter London, and Body Butter Collection by The Body Shop.  Each of these sets is under $40 and contains four to seven different items, including small eyeshadow palettes, nail polishes, or lip products. Buy a couple of these and divvy up the contents into cute little bags or boxes between your best girl friends for unique gifts that are sure to be a hit.

Parents and Grandparents

Around the holiday season, many people tend to get sentimental and sometimes even a bit emotional about their family and friends. A great gift to go along with those feelings for parents and grandparents are new professional photos of you and any siblings you may have. It is a gift I have given to my own parents and grandparents more than once and each time it has been a big hit. If you have a friend who is an amateur photographer ask them to take a few professional style photos of you and your siblings. Pick out coordinating clothing and head to a park or other local area for great scenery. If you don’t have a friend or other relative able to take photos for you, head to a Sears, JcPenney, Walmart, or Target with a photo center inside and get professional pictures done in the studio there. Pick a couple of favorites and have them printed for the perfect holiday gift.

Guy Friends and Brothers

By now, nearly everyone has heard of the card game Cards Against Humanity. If a guy friend of yours doesn’t already own a copy of the coveted game then pick him up one this season. If he already has one, try one of the five expansion packs, holiday edition, or 90s throwback pack. Another expansion compatible with the game is called Crabs Against Humidity available on Amazon.

I'm currently a sophomore at IUP studying in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences. Someday I hope to be a history and ESL teacher. I like to spend my spare time watching movies and baking cookies.