Payton Markijohn,Campus Correspondent

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Payton Markijohn is a sophomore and our Her Campus Correspondent. Payton has a great love of music and enjoys editing magazines.

Payton chose Vocal Performance as her major because singing is something she is very passionate about and she can’t imagine her life without it. In her spare time, she loves to sing, dance, watch television, go on Pinterest, play video games, read, and spend time with family, friends, and her boyfriend.  

Payton’s interest in Her Campus began at IUP Day. She met the previous president of Her Campus and discovered they really needed editors. She says that she was a bit of an oddball because she actually enjoys the editing process more than actually writing sometimes, so she was happy to join! Payton had never realized how much she enjoyed editing until she began editing for Her Campus, and now she is the editor in chief. Sometimes Payton feels like the position of president kind of chose her. She was asked by Amanda, our former campus correspondent, if she was interested. While she was really nervous about it, something told her it was the right decision to make.

Payton’s favorite part about being involved with Her Campus is getting to read everyone’s articles. She loves seeing the different perspectives, and she feels like she really gets to know everyone through what they write and what they write about. In addition to Her Campus, Payton is also a member of Sigma Alpha Iota, an international professional women’s music fraternity. She spent her summer working as a style advisor for Justice, a tween girl clothing store at her local mall back home in Erie, PA. She also spent time with some friends and her boyfriend! She says that she is a work in progress, but many of the Her Campus readers are as well. Payton learns through her experiences every day. She admits that she is not perfect and she may not always know what direction she is going, but she always tries her best to enjoy the journey.

Payton is similar to many Her Campus readers, but college and life help pave the way to her goals.

Hi everyone! My name is Bonnie and I am a junior fashion merchandising major at IUP. My hobbies include watching scandal and gossip girl,eating popcorn, spending time in coffee shops,and going shopping at TJ Maxx.I love to write and talk about interesting topics.