How to Stay Calm During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Stressed out about upcoming finals? Here are some ways to stay organized during finals, that will keep you sane during this incredibly stressful week. 

1. Make a to-do list

It is always great to stay organize during finals. The worst thing that can happen is you missing an assignment because you were so worried that you were going to fail.

2. Know when  and where your finals are taking places

Sometimes finals have different times and location than usual class time. Figure out when your final times are, instead of waiting until the last minute. 

3. Set multiple alarms for the days of  your finals  

None of us naturally wake up at 8 AM. It’s physically imposible for most college students to wake that early, so always set alarm so you can avoid running to your finals. Also, double check that your alarm is set for AM and not PM. 

4. Don’t procastinate

SERIOUSLY DON’T PROCRASTINATE!!!

5. Take breaks from studying

Don’t study all day and all night. In fact, overstudying can actually make you do worse on a test. 

6. Go to the library

If you can’t concentrate in your dorm room, just go to the library. It’s there for a reason.

7. Don’t forget to hang out with your friends

You need human interaction during finals week. Your crazy friends are always the best way to regulate your stress levels

Kendyl Walker was born in Baltimore, MD and is a English, writing studies major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.