Campus Cutie: Brendan Cope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Ladies, meet Brendan Cope. A junior English Writing major from Indiana, PA, Brendan epitomizes style, passion, and a “carpe diem” attitude. Here’s how he responded to our questionnaire:

1. If I take a look inside your refrigerator, what would I find?

Lettuce, orange juice, almond milk, and lunch meat

2. If you were a t-shirt, what would your caption be?

“Probably it would say, ‘Like James Dean.’ I’d be super pumped to wear that t-shirt!”

3. Where would you go if you had a time machine?

The 20s, 50s, and 60s. “I’d jump around a little, I think.”

4. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Seventy Eight

5. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?

“Flying. Hands down.”

6. What are you most attracted to in a person?

“Umm, eye makeup? Haha no, don’t write that. Music taste, a sense of humor, and believe it or not, independence. I think that makes for a healthy relationship.”

7. What was the last song you played for yourself?

“Potion Approaching” by the Arctic Monkeys

8. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be and why?

Musician. “It’s what I love!”

9. If you won the lottery, what would you do?

“I’d probably but 25% towards JDRF, put most of it away, and donate a lot to the Peace Corps.”

10. If you were on a deserted island, which three things would you have to have with you?

“My guitar, my dog, and some fresh fruit, I think!”

Sometimes I make sense. Other times, I make bacon egg and cheese bagel sandwiches. I’m an English writing major at IUP now. Maybe I’ll get a real job someday, or maybe I’ll furiously write short stories during my future children’s nap time while laundry is in the dryer. I’m also a night blogger, a grammar guru, a sucker for classic literature, a biker, a fencer, a bagel addict, and a super awesome coffee maker. I’ve divided my books into piles based on the kind of mood I want to savor. I’ve won a few writing awards. I hope to win a few more. Then maybe someone will pay me to write cool stuff like that someday. Movie posters as book covers make me weep both internally and externally. I love my indie bookstore dearly. I think that’s all I have to say. Long live the Oxford comma.