8 Websites You Didn’t Know You Needed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Life can get crazy, especially when you are simultaneously trying to balance your college workload, friendships, relationships, and finances. Here are a few website that can help you get through this time in your life a little more smoothly.

1. WordHippo.com

WordHippo.com is a website that will help you find the word you are looking for when you can only think of a phrase to describe it. It also has a built in thesaurus, dictionary, and even how to pronounce difficult words. If you’re unsure how to use a certain word in a sentence, WordHippo can help you with that as well.  

2. Recite.com

Looking for some cheap wall decor? Recite allows you to create quotes into pretty works of art. You can print out your creation for free, or post them on social media sites.

3. RainyMood.com

This site allows users to listen to the calming sound of rain without commercials or the need to hit replay. Listen when you are concentrating on memorizing notes and need background noise, or play your personal music on top of RainyMood for a different vibe.

4. Scholar.Google.com

Most students turn to Google to search for information for essays. And what most students will find is useless, irrelevant, or non-credible sources. Try Google Scholar to cut down on time wasted combing for relevant information. Google Scholar can also alert you about new sources you are looking for via email.  

5. TED.com

TED broadcasts “short, powerful talks” devoted to spreading ideas, covering hundreds of topics. I personally love listening to TED Talks whenever I have a few moments to myself, especially on days when I eat breakfast alone in my room. It is also a wonderful site to explore potential research or English papers, or simply to find inspiration.

6. Supercook.com

Supercook.com allows you to type up all the ingredients that are in your kitchen, and will give you recipes with what you have. Views also post ratings and reviews of the recipe, which can help you determine whether the recipe is worth the effort. Nutrition facts are also included on the website.

7. Shopmissa.com

This is the perfect place if you have an upcoming date or party and want to look fabulous, but don’t want to spend a ton of money. Here, there are necklaces, sunglasses, earrings, cosmetics, and a ton more, for a dollar. That’s right: every single item is one dollar. The flat rate shipping of $3.95 doesn’t hurt either.  

8. Lozo.com

Groceries can be expensive, but with the help of Lozo, you can cut down on your bills. Type up your grocery list, and Lozo will give you free printable coupons for almost every item on your list.