Fall Fashion Trend: The “Au Naturale” Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

In the transition from Summer to Winter, it can be almost impossible to find a look that fits Autumn perfectly. School has began and everyone is too busy to set aside an hour every morning for a full makeup application. When the top makeup trends of Fall revolve around looking effortlessly chic, how can we be on trend and on time to class?

Simply paying attention to your fading bronzed complexion is a quick way to look fresh every day. Foundation that may even be a shade darker than your current skin tone can make your face look caked on and flat. Always keep at least four foundation colors to your disposal so you can adapt to the changing seasons.

Another quick trick is highlighting. Using a concealer that is one shade lighter than your skin tone covers under eye circles amazingly as well as creates the illusion of darker lower lashes. Highlighting the bridge of your nose with a light frosty shadow also makes your nose look narrower and more defined.

A huge time saver is simply curling your eyelashes instead of applying mascara. Going sans eyeliner and mascara is key to looking naturally beautiful and a plus is not having to worry about black flakes on your cheeks!
Whenever you feel the pressure to look your best but don’t have the time, just know that you’re beautiful no matter what. And if you are still lacking the confidence, use these steps to boost your ego quickly as well as efficiently. Besides, who needs blush when the wind chaps your cheeks for you?

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes