14 Quotes from Kick-Ass Women That’ll Get You Through Anything

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

We all have those days. You forgot your paper at home, you spill something on your favorite shirt, you pull an all-nighter, hey, it happens we’re only human. However, the trick to getting through your toughest days comes down to more than just an extra cup of coffee. And we all have different ways of coping with stress, whether it be a mid-day power nap or a quick phone call to a friend.

But there’s one thing that’s universal— a powerful quote can heal even the worst of wounds. So here are some quotes from kick-ass, inspirational women that’ll pick you up when you’re down and get you back on track.

“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” —Dolly Parton

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, forget what you did, but will never forget how you made them feel.” ―Maya Angelou

“You can waste your life drawing lines, or you can live your life crossing them.” —Shonda Rhimes

“Happiness is the best makeup; a smile is better than any lipstick you’ll put on.” —Drew Barrymore

“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” —Oprah

“I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?” —Goldie Hawn

“If one window closes, run to the next window… or break down a door.” —Brooke Shields

“Never dull your shine for somebody else.” —Tyra Banks

“My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect.” ―Miley Cyrus

“You’re stronger, and you’re better, and you’re ready for whatever.” —Alicia Keys

“A boat is always safe in the harbor, but that’s not what boats are built for.” —Katie Couric

“If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”  —Katharine Hepburn

“When you embrace your difference, that’s when you start to shine.” —Bethenny Frankel

“We all have a Wonder Woman inside us.” —Diane Von Furstenberg

Image Title Photo Credit*