andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 First Date Ideas Around IU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Spring is in the air, which makes it the perfect time to fall in love here at Indiana University. Here are ten first date ideas you can take advantage of in Bloomington if you’re feeling romantic while the seasons change to warmer weather.

Hiking at Lake Griffy. Only recommended if you know the person beforehand! The trails back there are beautiful. Holding hands while going on a picturesque walk can be very ~romantic~.

Siam House. What’s more romantic than heart shaped rice??

Relaxing in Dunn Meadow. On a sunny day, Dunn Meadow can be the perfect place to chill out and relax. Bring a blanket and a picnic basket and enjoy the day.

Margs at Three Amigos. Conveniently located in downtown Bloomington, Three Amigos is perfect for a fun date! If you’re afraid of awkward silence the margs will help you break the tension and be more talkative too.

Sake Bombing at Ami. Let loose on Friday night and just have fun at Ami. SAKE SAKE SAKE BOMB BOMB BOMB!

Go see a play at IU Auditorium. Many amazing productions come to IU. Why not watch one with someone special?

Concert at BlueBird. BlueBird always has amazing performers come. This past year they’ve had Louis the Child and Sammy Adams just to name a few. Dance and drink the night away with your date.

The Classic: Go See a Movie. Bloomington has an AMC near College Mall. They also have a cinema that features more ~artsy~ films if you’re into that!

Mother Bears. Debatably the best pizza in Bloomington…. or the world! Sign your names together on the booth so you’ll remember your first date forever.

Bowling in the IMU. Might sound a little nerdy, but bowling can be a lot of fun! Celebrate getting that strike by giving your date a big kiss.

Title Image Credit*