Song of The Week: Changing of the Seasons

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Ah, fall. The leaves change and so do we.

Going through a breakup this fall? Went through one recently? Well, among other things, you’re probably in need of a change that can’t come soon enough, and maybe it’s time for a new scene, new people and, of course, some new music!

The song of the week this week is “Changing of the Seasons” by Two Door Cinema Club. One of my personal favorite artists, Two Door once again nails the lyrics to make you feel like you’re singing to the person that broke your heart. With a great beat and a melody that will keep you hitting repeat, “Changing of the Seasons” gets stuck in your head after the first chorus. You’ve got to feel just a little more upbeat and powerful after lead singer Alex Trimble admits that he no longer loves the one that’s forgetting him. Can’t go wrong with a little venting (ex-bashing).

If you like this tune, check out their hits “What You Know,” “Next Year,” “Sleep Alone” and the rest of Two Door Cinema Club’s albums, as well as the new EP that will be released later this month. Check out the “Changing of the Seasons” video here!

Hey! Elena here. Obsessed with everything media. Nicknamed The Human Pandora, so if any music recommendations are needed, email me!
Hi HC readers!! My name is Carly and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ithaca College. I am currently majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and minoring in Communication Management and Design and the Honors Program.  When I am not focusing on my studies or Her Campus, I enjoy singing, shopping, and watching reality television shows. I love writing and I am glad I am able to express my thoughts through Her Campus Ithaca. If you go to Ithaca and would love to get involved in writing for or promoting HCIC, send me an email at carlyschneer@hercampus.com. Keep Calm and Read On!