Lynzi’s Five: Celeb Tweets Of The Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

So this week we’re back with more of the tweets you love to hate by the celebs you hate to love (or vice-versa, your pick). This week, the things have these stars running out of their mouths — or fingertips — range from hysterically sarcastic to completely bizarre. Let’s start off with the strangest we came across.

1. Amanda Bynes

So this happened. With her recent tweets, we could tell Miss Bynes had something of a crush on Canadian rapper Drake, but with her latest tweet, the “crush” seemed to be confirmed. Besides being completely forward, Bynes’ words strike us as simply strange. From all of her latest eccentric actions, it’s sad that this doesn’t really surprise us. We’re not so sure we like this Amanda Show; we miss the original.

2. Joe Jonas

After talks of a pretty involved sex tape, including “ball gags” and “paddles,” Joe Jonas shot down the rumors via Twitter with this playful response. The purity-wearing rocker has been dating his Switzerland-born, former-model girlfriend Blanda Eggenschwiller since 2012. Rumors stated that the tape between the two would be released in April, but Jonas’ rep also stepped in, denying the rumors. Don’t worry Jo-Bro fans, apparently Joe is holding up his good-boy reputation after all.

2. Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert

Could it be? Our favorite country couple is calling it quits due to infidelity?! Of course not, silly tabloids. Or at least “of course not” according to Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert, themselves. On Monday, Shelton jokingly tweeted this at his wife, and Miranda responded with the same sense of humor. Thank the country gods. These two are the Jay-Z and Beyonce of country music. Let’s hope they stay together forever!

3. Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn

Speaking of couples, we were hit with a curveball at the sight of Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn’s tweet on Monday. After opening up about her new relationship with pro-golfer Tiger Woods, Vonn goes on to say how she and Tiger’s relationship evolved from “a friendship into something more.” Okay, so sure, we’re happy for the two athletes who recently went through their own personal divorces. However, we can’t help feeling a little strange about the relationship. But hey, we wish all the best to Tiger and Elin. Oh wait, just kidding, that’s Lindsey. Twins?

4. Papa Perez

Perez Hilton shocked us all on Thursday with tweets debuting his…son?! Known for his overboard comments and harsh accusations, we were all caught off-guard when THIS popped up on our feed. Never revealing he was expecting a child, Perez (real name Mario Lavandeira), only told his sister, mother, lawyer and business manager that he had found an egg donor in 2012. With the release of many picture of his new little man, Mario Armando Lavandeira or Perez Hilton, Jr., Perez has all of his followers wondering about his future. Will the new baby really make Perez change his ways and attitude like he claimed he was planning? Guess we’ll all have to check back for updates.

Until next week, tweet ya later!

Broadcast Journalism Major, a.k.a. TVR with a minor in Journalism. Aspiring entertainment/sports reporter. I'm crafty, I like red skittles and sometimes I wish I were Holly Golightly. Follow me on twitter, @LynziDeLuccia ! #please
Hi HC readers!! My name is Carly and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ithaca College. I am currently majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and minoring in Communication Management and Design and the Honors Program.  When I am not focusing on my studies or Her Campus, I enjoy singing, shopping, and watching reality television shows. I love writing and I am glad I am able to express my thoughts through Her Campus Ithaca. If you go to Ithaca and would love to get involved in writing for or promoting HCIC, send me an email at carlyschneer@hercampus.com. Keep Calm and Read On!