The Harry Potter Movies are Returning to Theaters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

It’s time for “Harry Potter” fans to get excited! In preparation for the release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros. is re-releasing all eight of the Harry Potter films in select IMAX theaters on Oct. 13.

For one week only, all of the Harry Potter movies will be in theaters at the same time. The movies will be playing at participating IMAX theaters, including the theater at Destiny USA in Syracuse. 

It gets even more exciting; this will be the first time The Sorcerer’s Stone and The Chamber of Secrets will be playing in IMAX, so it will be a whole new experience for fans even if they had already seen both of these movies in theaters. Furthermore, each screening will play an exclusive sneak peek of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

Google has also announced that when their virtual reality system, Daydream, is released in November they will include in partnership with Warner Bros. a game that will allow the simulator’s controller to act as a wand, so users will be able to cast spells.

If all of this sounds right up your (Diagon) alley, be sure to check out Ithaca’s Wizarding Weekend, a completely Harry Potter themed festival on Halloween weekend. There will be four fun filled days of events for fans of all ages including trick-or-treating, costume contests and Quidditch games.

1, 2

Gillian was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Ithaca from September 2018 to May 2019. She was a journalism major and anthropology minor at Ithaca College and graduated in May 2019. Gillian enjoys reading, writing, Harry Potter, the Sims and grilled cheese.