Dominique’s Grammy Awards Fashion Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

As most of us rolled out of our beds to do homework and get over Saturday night’s hangover, Hollywood A-listers glammed up for Sunday night’s annual Grammy awards. This year musicians took to the red carpet and treated it like it was the Oscar’s with their stunning floor length gowns, billowing hair, and tons of jewelry.

Best dressed goes to ex-best friends Rihanna and Katy Perry (they’re not friends anymore because Rihanna is dating Chris Brown, scandalous)! Rihanna returned to her “Pon de Replay” roots looking like her old self with long wavy ombre hair and a gorgeous red wrapped-bodice gown accessorized with two million dollars  worth of Neil Lane diamonds and rubies along with bright red lips and nails that complimented the glamazon’s unusually picturesque look.

Katy Perry and her cleavage did all the talking in a mint green keyhole cut out gown compliments of Gucci. The embellished neckline brought lots of attention to her, you know, yet stars like Ryan Seacrest weren’t bothered stating, “When you’re my height, you have lots of experience staying focused at that eyeline. ”  Straying away from her cleavage, Perry kept it strangely simple in the hair and makeup department. A fresh face and wafting hair showed Perry has surely moved on from her marriage to Russell Brand and is most definitely cuddling up to new beau John Mayer.

Speaking of the womanizer or shall we call him ex-womanizer, Jay Mayer and Katy Perry seem like they could be in it for long run. John Mayer rocked a tux making it come to life with a velvet purple blazer. A mix of Austin Powers and Hugh Hefner, if you ask me; yet a clean-shaven face and styled hair made this bad boy look all the more appealing. Justin Timeberlake kept to his pretty boy roots and promoted his “Suit & Tie” single in a suit and (bow) tie by Tom Ford. Other best-dressed men of the night oddly included Chris Brown in an all white suit by Lanvin along with Frank Ocean in a non-traditional Dior Homme shirt and pant set.

Red Carpet shockers of the night were Beyoncé and Adele for two obvious reasons. Adele finally left her black dresses across the pond and wore color. A red floral pattern adorned the singer’s A-line frame along with perfect matching pumps and a full oh-so-Adele retro beehive. Beyoncé ran the world last weekend and shocked the world this weekend showing up in a black and white pantsuit with matching cufflinks and a center-parted low ponytail. Leave it to Mrs. Carter to always keeping us on our toes. With a fierce Super Bowl performance, a tour kicking off in April, along with a new album, and an HBO documentary premiering this week, Beyoncé is most definitely living in the spotlight.

Award show season is in full swing. Can’t wait to see what the stars wear for the Oscar’s next Sunday. I have a feeling Jennifer Lawrence is going to stun and I wonder what weirdly stylish number Kerry Washington is going to wear on the red carpet. Tune in Monday for another full award show fashion recap.

Hi HC readers!! My name is Carly and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ithaca College. I am currently majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and minoring in Communication Management and Design and the Honors Program.  When I am not focusing on my studies or Her Campus, I enjoy singing, shopping, and watching reality television shows. I love writing and I am glad I am able to express my thoughts through Her Campus Ithaca. If you go to Ithaca and would love to get involved in writing for or promoting HCIC, send me an email at carlyschneer@hercampus.com. Keep Calm and Read On!